Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Backstory Issues

Started by Elva, July 30, 2010, 06:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elva

All of these are great tips. Though I have managed to get over my block, I just started to read whether it was required for school or just for fun. The results where quite satisfactory. My writing grew more complex and ideas came to me faster. One issue is that here in Canada, even as far south as I am, it gets really dark and chilly at this time of year, which throws me off horribly as I tend to thrive in warm and dry conditions.

I also do a lot of drawing, so usually a character comes to me from a picture or one of my own sketches, which is picking up pace rapidly as well. I also like to only use a character if I can draw them, so I can recreate them however I choose, though this applies to my own as well. Its fun to add a personal touch to a cool character, making them your own.

On the subject of writing them down, I tend to go for the middle ground(as I usually do in most situations) and write down ideas as they come to me so I don't forget the good ones. My previous chronic posting was out of anxiousness and to gauge my progress, but I'm over that now. In fact, Elva's new uber draft is still in my INQ folder and needs some final touches before I post it.
"Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!!"