Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Xenomorphs

Started by Discy, August 06, 2009, 06:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discy

I just flicking through the Scenario Creater PDF, and saw in the NPCs table something called a Xenomorph. What is it?
Beep if you love muties!

Simeon Blackstar

Literally, alien.  Commonly used for the Aliens from the Alien Quadrilogy though, which might give you a few more ideas.

precinctomega

Strictly speaking, a xenomorph is a creature with a body pattern that conforms to no other known body pattern.  Given the immense diversity of life on Earth, a true and indisputable xenomorph is hard to find.  Genestealers, for example, are arguably xenomorphs because they are vertebrates with six primary limbs.  But whether the additional pair of limbs is truly enough to call them xenomorphs is arguable.

R.

Macabre

Literally xenomorph means 'alien form', so by that it means anything other than human....(even Eldar could be considered a xenomorph)
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Tullio

QuoteGenestealers, for example, are arguably xenomorphs because they are vertebrates with six primary limbs.  But whether the additional pair of limbs is truly enough to call them xenomorphs is arguable.

Well, Tyranids are pretty weird creatures anyway, considering the dual skeletons, respiratory systems and complete lack of normal reproductive and digestive systems.

I'm done with my pointless quibble. Considering the way "xenomorph" is used in the background, I'd translate it to "alien" in a 40K context

Tullio

Discy

Thanks for the info. I had thought that it was some weird shapeshifting alien, because there was already 'An Alien' under the NPCs table.
Beep if you love muties!

MarcoSkoll

You could treat it as a shapeshifter if you wanted. I've a feeling GW uses it in that sense on occasion.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Lucidum

In terms of 40K, imperial dogma dictates that anything neither daemon, non-human, non-abhuman, is a Xenomorph of Xeno. All aliens in 40k are xenos by imperial decree. Ergo, the major xenos races represented in Warhammer 40,000 are the Eldar, Dark Eldar, Orks, Necrons, Tyranids, and Tau.

Kaled

Generally it's considered bad form to resurrect old threads - if a thread hasn't had any posts in a while then it's probably best to just leave it...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat