Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

What would an imperial medical report contain?

Started by Jamas Orian, October 31, 2010, 03:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamas Orian

Fluffing up a character at the moment, and have sketched out a scene whereby they're on a table getting medical'd. What should I put in the associated report?

MarcoSkoll

As Imperial medicine is actually very good (for those who are actually important, at least), it would read very much like a modern medical report.

I'm no expert, but I'd suggest it could include such things as:
- The date and name of examiner, subject and anyone else attending (including servitors, it seems, based on Xenology)
- Reason character is being assessed
- Age, Height, Weight, Blood type, gender... basic medical details like that. (If age is unknown, they should be able to at least guess from signs of aging.)
- Details of previous injuries (scars, signs of previously broken bones, etc)
- Details of previous surgery
- General state of internal organs (perhaps a weakening liver, congenital defects, or an increased chance of heart attacks, etc)
- Any implants, bionics, augmetics or prosthetics
- Notes on lifestyle (for example, if they're a smoker, or any drugs they've been using)
- Basic details of cardiovascular fitness
- Blood tests that might talk about unusual levels of various hormones or other substances
- Brain chemistry, if it's in some way unusual.
- Any physical abnormalities (minor/major, internal/external)
- Psychic rating, if known (If the character is not a psyker, this will probably be Rho, or near it.)

It might also include gene-sequencing, giving lists of increased/reduced likelihood of various conditions (such as an increased chance of certain cancers, etc) and talk about how receptive their genetics will be to rejuvenat processes.

That's just what I can think of right now. If I get more ideas, I'll come back later.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Jamas Orian

Cheers for that Marco!

And here's the medical report in question:
http://www.storm-artists.net/full/99106

Lucidum

That's actually really cool.

To "imperialize" it a bit, keeping in flavor with the 40K universe, though, I'd suggest adding the ubiquitous "thought for the day" and perhaps list a tally of the subject's past heresies or discretions; or their past deeds in service of the emperor.

Ulgavitch

Dead impressed by that, mate, well done!

I think a few thoughts for the day would help, or perhaps a scan for the prediction of future heresies, based on genetics?