Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Grand Tournament 2011 - March 26th

Started by Kaled, November 24, 2010, 05:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

I don't think it will be an issue - I don't think any of my PCs will be multi-model, but I've been musing over multi-model characters lately and there's a slight chance one might end up that way.
I'm happy to take my chances with negotiating with the GMs (I figure most would be perfectly happy with it), but if it was going to be completely disallowed from the tournament then there was no sense in making the decision now and adding to my workload.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Stormgrad

I dont think it will be a problem with wysiwyg because you will have a model that people can see and shows what his got, so in that regard so long as everyone is aware that it is the same character

MarcoSkoll

It was more having extra choice of models when it came to the P&M competition that was my worry than a WYSIWYG one. (There is some argument it might be more WYSIWYG, given that the model would be more representative of what it was actually doing at the time).

I doubt it'll come up this time. It's something I'm only currently doing for Maya (who's not in my warband for this year) because it seemed a shame for her to have powers like setting herself aflame or growing a 15 foot flaming wingspan and not have it actually happen. I might even eventually make a clear resin cast of her for when she's using her Chameleon power.

Anyway, I did have another question, but for the sake of more publicity, I've used it to bump the Warseer thread.

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

I've just e-mailed out the second batch of tickets, not as many as were in the first batch but we've already sold more tickets this year than we had attendees last year, so it's looking set to be a good event.  Tickets are still on sale for a couple more weeks, or can be bought on the day.

If you haven't received a ticket and were expecting one, let me know and I'll look into it.

As for your other question Marco, WHW haven't sent me a lunch menu - I'll ask them again and let you know...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Kaled on February 27, 2011, 05:03:51 PM... but we've already sold more tickets this year than we had attendees last year
Well, more than eight people is a start. Still, everyone rummage around for any players they can find down the back of the sofa - the more the merrier.

QuoteAs for your other question Marco, WHW haven't sent me a lunch menu - I'll ask them again and let you know.
Sounds good.

Just as long as we know and I can work out whether I need to bring my own lunch or not - with all the stuff I'm bringing this year, I wouldn't mind saving space by not having to find room for a lunchbox.

~~~~~

On another note, having looked in the Tournaments section on Warseer, I notice we'll be sharing WHW with the first day of the "Exarch Tournament" run by GW Kingston. And it's described as hardcore, with only wins deciding the top prize. What a contrast there shall be that day.

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on February 27, 2011, 11:35:46 PM
Well, more than eight people is a start. Still, everyone rummage around for any players they can find down the back of the sofa - the more the merrier.

should have +2 players here :)
getting 'em to buy tickets however...  ::)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Necris

This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Kaled

Just spoken to WHW about food - there's another event on that day so they're opening the canteen. There'll be a choice of dishes and it'll cost about £6 per head. If people want to do that, please let me know as I said I'd get back to them with approximate numbers. Also let me know if you haven't yet bought a ticket but are planning to attend and want to eat in the canteen.

Heroka Vendile

That sounds good, probably be significantly quicker service then you'd normally get in bugmans plus less hassle than having to bring my own food. Is it possible to get any more specifics about what is likely to be on offer?
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Kaled

The guy I spoke to didn't know what the selection would be on that day. I've eaten in there just once before and seem to remember there was a few hot meals - pasta, chicken in sauce, pies, etc with a choice of veg & potatoes. I think there was salad and sandwiches as well, plus a small selection of desserts.

Has anyone else eaten in there recently who can add to that?

MarcoSkoll

I'll have to opt out on that one. I'm not good with canteens, being both somewhat picky about food and vegetarian - I usually end up staring at a large array of unlabelled foods and wondering if I can I actually eat any of them. Then finish by eating something I don't particularly like, because it's the only thing I can be reasonably sure I won't make a fool of myself with.

Quote from: Kaled on March 01, 2011, 11:25:03 AM...there's another event on that day...
I'm guessing that's the Exarch tournament I was wittering on about a few posts back.

GW's =I= articles

Stormgrad

for those of us to lazy to go check warseer what is the exarch tournament and if its hardcore as marco said how is that going to impact on the friendly relaxed atmosphere also what are the rules regarding bystanders from the exarch tournament would it be worth maybe running a demo game somwhere during the day

Kaled

If someone wants to run a demo game then they're welcome to do so, however I have no plans to run one as I'll be busy with my organiser duties. The only free time in the running order is lunchtime and immediately after the final game before the results are announced, so someone can run a game in one of those timeslots if they want - if anyone is interested in doing that, please let me know.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Stormgrad on March 02, 2011, 01:20:51 PMFor those of us to lazy to go check warseer what is the exarch tournament
The Warseer thread is basically just copied from the Facebook event page. 1750 pt "hardcore" 40k tournament run by GW Kingston. Standard-ish fare, really.

QuoteAnd if its hardcore as Marco said how is that going to impact on the friendly relaxed atmosphere
I doubt it will. There are normally a heap of somewhat competitive games going around WHW on any given day, an organised event will only really differ in that it'll have the odd announcement and a schedule to meet.

We're unlikely to interact any more than a a couple of cases of:
Them:  "Hello, what are you doing?"
Us: "We're playing Inquisitor."
Them: "Oh, do people still play that? Well, see you" (Or perhaps asking what Inquisitor is if they're new enough to the hobby.)

Anyway, they've got a maximum of 48 spaces - and given they've put themselves straight at loggerheads with the indie 40k GT up at Mansfield that same weekend, quite a short lead time (they announced it only about 6 weeks in advance) as well as not revealing all the event rules until after you have a ticket, they may not fill all of those.

So, we're not going to be overwhelmed by them, particularly as we'll likely be in two different corners of the large gaming hall. We've not been put that out the way the two times I've been there, but we may end up over in the far corner this time, so they can put their flagship game more in the figurative spotlight of being nearer the hall entrance.

QuoteAlso what are the rules regarding bystanders from the exarch tournament would it be worth maybe running a demo game somewhere during the day.
If there are any bystanders, then they'll be free to watch us, but I doubt we'll have the time to fit in a demo game.

There's only the 40 minutes for lunch (some of which I imagine people will be using to eat) and 45 minutes of free play, and you'd struggle to fit much of a game into those even with experienced players. The risk there is you'd show them a lacklustre game that would risk putting them off.

Personally, I think you'd get a wider and more favourable impact from showing lots of people some awesome games being played, than putting a few in a mediocre game.

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

bast quote was from the last IGT:

Me (wandering into the hall with my briefcase)
Local Redshirt: "hey! how are you? What do you collect?"
M: "well, i'm here to play in the Inquisitor Grand Tournament..."
LR: "Hey! seen the new Space Wolves?"
M: "um.. yeah, codex seemed overpowered. 40k ain't my kinda thing"
LR: "it's only out today?"
M: "yeeeah..."
LR: "wanna come assemble some space wolves?"
M: "Not really"
LR: "it's free!"
M: "no thanks"
LR: "you get to keep it too!"
M: "na, i'll go play some fun games instead" as i walk off :P
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination