Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Grand Tournament 2011 - March 26th

Started by Kaled, November 24, 2010, 05:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myriad

It was a good fun day and I'd like to thank everyone, especially the players in my scenario for helping me with the rules (playing at the rate I do I should know them by 2020).  There were lots of original models and ideas for scenarios and the whole event ran smoothly.  I still say the quiz was too hard, but maybe I just need one of those phones with google on it.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Necris

Again thanks Dave

I had a great day and look forward to being able to get more games in thanks to my upcoming change of circumstance

I'm hoping to organise an Event too perhaps it is time for the Winter Conclave once again
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Bloodpact

Twas grand. Great to meet people, and im looking foward to pictures and reports from the scenarios i didnt get a chance to play, particularly the scenario that finished with the gravity at a 90 degree angle!!

Im already looking through 54mm models online for ideas for a new warband!!

J][M
Repent! For tomorrow you burn!

RobSkib

Great day out! Completely and utterly shattered as I enter my 19th hour of awakeness, but I had a buttload of fun :)

Extra shout out to kaled for organising such a spiffing event, much fun was had by all I believe! I look forward to seeing all those photos people were taking, and ESPECIALLY looking forward to seeing all those models I only got to glimpse today on the P&M forum... you know who you are! ;)

Thanks all, I look forward to the next one!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Bloodpact on March 26, 2011, 11:47:46 PM
im looking foward to pictures and reports from the scenarios

first! ? sorry for the bad quality, but most of my pics were too blurry to make out :(
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Myriad

My photos are now online at https://picasaweb.google.com/jcmyriad/InquisitorGT032011?feat=directlink.  Like Gav I had quite a bit of trouble with the quality.  In the end, I found I had to use the flash to get a good focus.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

mattausten86

just out of curiosity any idea when we should be expecting the rankings???

cheers
matt

Kaled

Right, so it's results time...

We were lucky enough to get sixteen players which split nicely into four games each with three players and a GM.  This meant that no one had to GM a second game.  I never managed to come up with a system to make sure that no one played anyone else twice, so there were a few cases where that happened but I did try to minimise it.

The first round saw James & Nicholas Carpenter, David Fincher & Matt Austen GMing their scenarios.  I'll have to leave it to them to fill in the details of the games they ran, but when the scores came in it they were all very similar with James slightly in the lead.  Ruaridh Dall came out with the top player score, closely followed by Jim Gallagher.

In Round 2 Tony Wallace, Jim Gallagher, Rob Hill & Neil Bass were the GMs.  Again the GM scores were very close with Jim just taking the lead.  Rob Skene was the top player in round 2 just beating out David Fincher.

Over lunch a couple of the WHW staff were kind enough to judge the painting & modelling round - they were really impressed with the range of models on display and the ingenuity of some of the conversions.  Rob Skene's hunter with Kroot trophies won him the Best Hobbyiest prize, narrowly beating Ruaridh and Jim who came second in that round.  Gav took photos of the entries for the competition so hopefully they'll be online soon.

Also over lunch the participants filled in the tiebreaker quiz - no one managed to answer all 25.  Jim Gallagher got most with 18, Ruaridh scored 17, and Matt Austen scored 16.  I'll post the questions later, but the word everyone was stuck on was 'tasks'.  (Rob - I'm pretty sure that the Emperor doesn't 'suck' anyone!)

Round 3 saw Euan Forrest, Ryan Simmons, Gav Fry & Ruaridh Dall taking their turn as GM, and Ruaridh took a convincing lead in the GM stakes dropping just 5 points.  Stephen Yates was the best player in Round 3 scoring significantly higher than the other players in that round.

Rob Skene, John Simpson Wedge, Stephen Yates & Richard Lamb were the GMs in the final round with John achieving the highest GM score in the round.  Players obviously pulled out all the stops in the final round with several very high scores - Neil Bass & Rob Hill were top, closely followed by Ruaridh, Tony, Euan & Jim.

After totalling the scores the rankings were as follows;
1 - Ruaridh Dall
2 - Jim Gallagher
3 - Rob Skene
4 - John Simpson Wedge
5 - Stephen Yates
6 - Rob Hill & Neil Bass
8 - David Fincher
9 - James Carpenter & Tony Wallace
11 - Gav Fry
12 - Ryan Simmons
13 - Nicholas Carpenter
14 - Euan Forrest
15 - Matt Austen
16 - Richard Lamb

To break that down a little - in the GM categories Ruaridh's scenario was judged to be the best, and he ran it with a rod of iron.  Ruaridh, John Simpson Wedge & Nicholas Carpenter were judged to have the best knowledge of the rules, and Ruaridh's scenario was also the most fun.  (In case you're interested, judging by the scores they handed out, Ryan Simmons, Stephen Yates, Rob Hill and Richard Lamb had the most fun!)  His success across the board meant that Ruaridh was awarded the Best GM prize, with John and Stephen in second & third place respectively.

In the player categories, Neil Bass did the best when it came to achieving his objectives.  Ruaridh Dall was judged to have the best characters.  Tony Wallace, Gav Fry & Rob Hill were the most cooperative players.  Tony and Ruaridh had their characters doing the coolest things, and it seems Tony outwitted everyone scoring highest for Intelligence.  Tony, Ruaridh and Rob Hill were all on like lightning... on 'Slaught - being judged the most timely.  Ruaridh came out with the Best Player crown to add to his Best GM one.  Second place went to Tony and third to Jim Gallagher.

If anyone wants to know their actual scores, drop me a PM and send then through along with the average so you have something to compare to (oh, and be sure to send me your name - I can match most usernames to real names but not all).

- Dave
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

DapperAnarchist

Yay for you all!

But... the director of Fight Club and The Social Network turned up?  ;D
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Bloodpact

If only i hadnt exploded and let Ruaridh get away with that Data disk in the first game! Damn tech priest and his roll of 99 to interact with electronics...

J][M
Repent! For tomorrow you burn!

mattausten86

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Kaled on March 27, 2011, 04:56:16 PM
Gav took photos of the entries for the competition so hopefully they'll be online soon.

http://buildyourimagination.co.uk/minis/conclavegt11.php
sorry for the poor quality on a couple of hte entries :(
(also, can i get my scores please? :D )
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: RobSkib on March 26, 2011, 11:56:27 PMGreat day out! Completely and utterly shattered as I enter my 19th hour of awakeness, but I had a buttload of fun :)
Only 19?

41 hours here. I almost never sleep before this kind of thing (mostly because my brain decides for me "What if you miss your alarm? Stay awake!!!"), so I ended up sleeping for about 12 hours when I finally got back in at one in the morning.

It shouldn't have been as late as that, but when I got to Milton Keynes on the way back, everything was piled up because someone had been hit by a train at Wembley (although from the various conversations going on, it was obvious that "hit" was a euphemism for "not all the vital pieces are still attached to each other") and that everything was held up while the Transport Police sorted things out.

But I ultimately ended up having a nice conversation with a lady who was also held up, including a little while talking about the hobby and the community. So not all that bad.

~~~~~

That aside, I did enjoy myself. I had to fall back on Marco and some of his allies for the event, because of silly mistakes with model cases left at other people's houses, so I didn't get to use the models I really wanted... but Katlien and her warband should finally show up at Ruaridh's Summer Conclave.

All my other projects should be present at my Autumn Conclave - including, finally, the Jubilee.

On the note of other projects, the day has added a few more to the list. Shannow has traded me a Carnosaur he wasn't using (and I will try and get back to him as quickly as possible with my half of the trade!), I've got the Sgt Stone for the Bloody Paulus conversion*, and I've got a few of Gav's bits and pieces.

*I'm not currently planning on casting a conversion kit, but if the idea is popular enough and I do a respectable enough job, it might happen.

~~~~~

Unfortunately, my pictures aren't great (or that numerous) either, as I didn't have time to figure out the best camera settings for the WHW lighting, so went with something that I knew wouldn't be awful, but they still came out rather desaturated.

It's got its own album here.

(Ironically, after deliberately not using the flash, I look back, and I find that the one where I used it by accident is easily the best quality! More flash next time!)

Quote from: DapperAnarchist on March 27, 2011, 05:10:16 PMBut... the director of Fight Club and The Social Network turned up?
Afraid not.

It's bad luck, but my parents weren't completely oblivious. While he'd done several music videos, he didn't really become a big name until a quite few years after I was born.

Quote from: KaledRob Skene was the top player in round 2 just beating out David Fincher.
I have to admit, I'm surprised. I did try and make an effort, but I didn't get all that close to completing my objectives in that game. I was really at the wrong end of the table and couldn't cover the distance in time.

Although Marco did try and disarm an assailant telekinetically, although a psychic null foiled that plan.

~~~~~

EDIT: Could we get a full breakdown of who was in which games?

I GMed the first, with RobSkib, Aurelius and Cortez
Necris GMed the second, with Me, MattAusten and Holiad.
Gav GMed the third with Me,  Karandas, and... I couldn't match the models to a username. There was a Jena conversion, a Josef conversion, and a gun servitor with Damien's head
And RobSkib GMed the last, with Me, Van Helser and Myriad.

(I think I've got Holiad and Myriad the right way around, but I'm rubbish at such things...)
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Aurelius 12

I'd like to echo everyone else's comments about how it was a jolly good day out. I'm really amazed I came 4th, especially since it was my first time playing with people who I hadn't inducted into the game! I'm also delighted and slightly humbled by the response to my scenario. Thank you so much to my players for your generosity, and I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

I'm writing a battle report at the moment so watch this space!*

*Actually don't, watch the 'in the field' forum.
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

Kaled

I've just uploaded the few pics of mine that came out okay - I too failed to set up my camera to cope with the light in WHW;
http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t286/kaled100/Inquisitor%20Games/IGT11/

I can post a list of who was in each game if you like - remind me if I forget to do it tomorrow.  I'd love it if people posted a line or two about their scenario.  And it'd be great if people could post pics and a paragraph about their warband.  And don't forget the Chronicles of the Carthaxian Conclave (and discussion)...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat