Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Grand Tournament 2011 - March 26th

Started by Kaled, November 24, 2010, 05:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferran

Heh, awesome

http://buildyourimagination.co.uk/minis/conclavegt11.php?i=DSCI0287.jpg

/edit/ I see it won best mini, good choice!

RobSkib

I will be posting pictures of it in the P&M forum tomorrow, as well as some of the other models I brought if anyone was interested.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Heroka Vendile

14? ouch my pride.  ;)
Although I seem to remember a fairly similar position 2 years ago at the 2008 IGT.

Fantastic day as always though guys, big thanks again Dave for organising it all and for everyone else turning up and making the 8 hour train journeys down and back home worthwhile.

Out of everything that happened on the day - from oh-my-god-gigantic-&%$@ing-spider!! to having my characters either blasted the shreds by boltguns, knocked out cold for the game by both angry vegetation and my own graviton gun - my favourite memory is once the games were all over and we were kicking back in Bugmans, Rob said "Who all actually had plans for their GMing scenario that they weren't able to complete for today?" and pretty much everyone there put their hand up  ;D

The final topping for my weekend though was when I got home this evening after 8 hours of trains I had a quick dinner then went down to the church to see my mum singing in a 154-strong combined choir with 45-piece orchestra performing Carl Orff's Carmina Burana - which is of course the origin of a certain piece of music all good 40k fans will recognise from a certain computer game.

Euan

P.S.
Next time I'm at an event I'm bringing name badges. It gets really confusing talking to people by their real names and not having a clue who they are on the forum and visa-versa (plus I'm just rubbish at remembering names anyway!).
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Bloodpact

Yeah, the spider was amusing. Not as deadly as i had imagined it to be when i wrote it up though...
Repent! For tomorrow you burn!

kierkegaard

I'm glad that everyone had a good time. I look forward to reading the battle reports and DM articles. I would also like to see some new posts in the Painting and Modelling section (hint hint...)

Holiad

It's hard to plan a scenario precisely for three sets of unknown characters, so it's pretty likely things are going to get left out, and it's surprising what only shows up in playtesting. For my own part, the players never found the derelict servitor, depriving me of the chance to laught at someone for shooting it, and that plant was *supposed* to be mostly harmless. At least the shiny xenos artifact worked pretty much accordingl to plan, with an inquisitor carefully examining it, testing the controls, and badly wounding his subordinate with a lightning bolt.
Most dissapointing of all, the players either failed to notice or didn't comment on the space-marine sized daemonhost I set carefully to one side, as if I would be needing it later...
For those interested, I posed my new characters on the P&M forum a month or so back-
http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1214.0
Poor noble Marech
Noone 'till the end could see
Your brave heart of fire

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Kaled on March 27, 2011, 10:17:26 PMI too failed to set up my camera to cope with the light in WHW
Yeah, it looks like the shutter speed was on the slow side - lots of blurred people. (My camera has settings that do work well for game photos, but I didn't actually have the time to try them.

Also, please tell me I didn't look this ready to thump someone the whole day.

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on March 27, 2011, 11:05:07 PMNext time I'm at an event I'm bringing name badges. It gets really confusing talking to people by their real names and not having a clue who they are on the forum and visa-versa (plus I'm just rubbish at remembering names anyway!).
Sounds like part of an excuse for Conclave T-Shirts to me. Some kind of Inquisitor-esque design across the back with "The Conclave", and names printed/stitched on the breast. I don't know what pricing would be like on that, but it's an idea.

On the real name/forum name thing, I'm perfectly happy to just have people call me Marco at events. I'm used to being called that on the forum, so it's just another one of my many nicknames by now.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Stormgrad

Hello one and all, i had lots of fun and there are plenty of good pics up there, just to say i loved my first taste of inquisitor and will be trying hard to make all future events, in regards to my scenario i had next to no plan just a wacky idea i went with in hindsight i should of put a tad more thought into a few things, also i think i should of figured out how nasty damage straight to the head is so my apologies to tony, nick and jim who's characters i'm sure are slightly more crispy than when they started

again a big thanks to marco for the loan of kai and lyra and i have to say as a player my highlight was kai spending half the game fumbling in the dark just for him to come out shoot rauridh's priest in the back and run away again

Quote from: Bloodpact on March 27, 2011, 05:23:52 PM
If only i hadnt exploded and let Ruaridh get away with that Data disk in the first game! Damn tech priest and his roll of 99 to interact with electronics...

J][M

Your poor tech priest didnt have much luck with getting shocked did he?

Kaled

I almost brought some 'Hello. My name is...' badges but figured people wouldn't want to wear something so uncool*. Maybe next time I'll make some Conclave ones...

* That and the temptation to write '...Inigo Montoya - you killed my father, prepare to die' on it might have proved too much for some people.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Aurelius 12

Quote from: Kaled on March 28, 2011, 11:50:02 AM
* That and the temptation to write '...Inigo Montoya - you killed my father, prepare to die' on it might have proved too much for some people.

Guilty as charged. Given this was the first thing to go through my head, followed by Spartacus, and The Doctor. Run!

Inquisitorial Purity Seals however, now there's a thought...
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

RobSkib

I would have insisted that everybody wrote 'Kaede Mack' :)
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Kaled on March 28, 2011, 11:50:02 AMThat and the temptation to write '...Inigo Montoya - you killed my father, prepare to die' on it might have proved too much for some people.
Also guilty as charged.

Quote from: Stormgrad on March 28, 2011, 11:42:05 AMmy highlight was kai spending half the game fumbling in the dark just for him to come out shoot rauridh's priest in the back and run away again
... this shows that I didn't have anywhere near enough time to brief you on the characters.

Kai has infra goggles, pretty much primarily for this purpose. He's a shock assault trooper, equipped to be able to strike under cover of darkness, fight in underground tunnels and/or cut the power before they strike at the enemy base.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Stormgrad

oh well i had fun and i managed to in one round take a character pretty much out of action and for my first game i loved it.

Bloodpact

I would heartily welcome T-shirts with names/alias' (Aliai?) on! It was tricky remembering peoples real names when meeting them for the first time, let alone trying to remember their name on the forum as well!

J][M
Repent! For tomorrow you burn!

DapperAnarchist

Well, if I turn up the the next meet, I will ensure people remember me... by wearing my suit, with some form of Anarchist symbol badge on it. That should help.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!