Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inqusitor Lord Markus de Vass and war band info

Started by Dwi, December 12, 2010, 12:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwi

Here is some info on my ILord. History for him comeing soon

Name: Markus de Vass
Race: Human
Homeworld: Necromunda
Date Borne: 824 M41
Real Age: 175
Juveant age: 40
Face shape: Longish
Face Looks: Sharp face, deep lines around nose
Hair color: Dark brown
Hair tipe: Straight
Facial hair: None
Hair style: Top not
Eye color: Green
Skin color: White
Body tipe: Avrage
Body looks: Brod sholders, some what well musceled
Mental helth: Good but dose have slight paranoia and trust issues
Body helth: Good
Habbits: None
Quriks: Some but nothing to speak of
Psy-Power: None not a psyker
Favoured ranged weapon: Laspistol
Favoured CC weaopn: Galthite lacerator
Favoured clothing: Anything that will last a long time
Unfavoured clothing: Anything too flippy or posh
Unfaoured ranged weapon: None
Unfavoured CC weaopn: None
Favoured food: Markus dose not care about food much
Favoured drink: Ale
Unfavoured food: None
Unfavoured drink: Stale beer
Favoured people: Rouge Trader Beckin is Markus' only friend
Unfavoured people: Most people
Favoured things: Guns
Unfavoured things: Chaos
Things he likes to do in spare time: Clean weapons and gear
Ordo: Ordo Zenos
Porfession: Inquisitor Lord
Former profession: Orlock gang leader
Faith: Cult of the Emperor
Philosophy: Istvaanian
Sub-philosophy: Fomenter
Titles: Lord
Years active: 150
Strengths: Allways willing to see it threw to the end
Weaknesses: Women
Enemys: Chaos, The Dark Eldar, The Hrud
Goals: Understand Zenos better, make man stronger threw conflict
His role: He sees himself as a great defender of the Imperium even if he is a low down schemer.
Moral Code: He would say he is/sees more grey than light or dark when it comes to morals. He dose ANYTHING to get the advantage over the foe eather for him self or man as a whole.
May The Emperor protect us from the dakness of the void. That or we can run around in little cricles and wave our arms and shout

Kaled

There's not a lot to say about that - it's a list of facts about the character but doesn't really convey much of an impression about who the character really is.  Maybe try answering the Twenty Questions, or writing a few paragraphs about your character instead?  At the minute he seems a bit generic - a tough guy who somehow became an Inquisitor Lord.  I'm sure you have a much better idea of who he is, you just need to work on getting the idea across to us.  Think about things such as where he grew up.  How he came into contact with the Inquisition.  Why an Inquisitor decided to make him an acolyte.  Why he decided to train him as an Inquisitor.  What sort of influence he gained that enabled him to rise to the rank of Inquisitor Lord.  (Especially as he seems to have no friends and comes across in the brief bit you've written as being unliked - not exactly Inquisitor Lord material).

Also, I know you described his appearance a bit, but I'm finding it difficult to picture him.  Do you have a model for the character?  Or if not, how do you plan to model him?  You could always use something like Heromachine to sketch the character as a picture is worth a lot more than a few words about his favoured clothes and body shape.

Hope that helps,
Dave
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Dwi

Yes I know what your saying I am still toying aroung with ideas I just wanted to give you guys an basic idea.
So far I am thinking about how he came in contact I was thinking about his master tracking down a minor house on necromunda that had a deal with the Tau. His master is (or was he is dead now) Ordo Zenos too btw.

I plan on useing Covenent as the bace for Markus. Not sure how I will make a Lacerator yet but I'm smart I'll figger it out
May The Emperor protect us from the dakness of the void. That or we can run around in little cricles and wave our arms and shout

RobSkib

Quote from: Dwi on December 12, 2010, 01:40:38 PMI'm smart I'll figger it out

This tickled me. Lacerators are actually quite easy to come by, just so long as it has lots of blades! A good pre-made one is the lacerator that comes with the Kroot Mercenary, and it's bulky enough to fit on covenant's  body easy. That said, if you have much of a 40k bits collection, there are all manner of Chaos odds and ends that would be good, the new plastic Terminators are a great start, they have some evil looking powerfists!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Dwi

RobSkib: Thanks for the info man

Everybody els: Ok I know it's his history/fluff but here is our young IL's game stats

Markus de Vass
Ws68, Bs65, S58, T60, I68, Wp75, Sg75, Nv73, Ld75

de Vass is right handed

Psy-Powers: None
Skills: Leader, First strike, Furious assault, Hipshooting
Wargear: Laspistol with one reload, two digi-weapons (las) on left hand, Galthite Lacerator, Mesh Armour on chest and abdomen, 2pts of armour on all other localls sept head.

I think he turned out all right. As you can he is best used for running and gunning and smashing his foe's face.

MarcoSkoll

Sorry, but he doesn't seem like an Inquisitor Lord to me.

Most Inquisitor Lords work from a desk, directing the activities of lesser Inquisitors, not charging around in the field - and only getting close to the action (close being a relative term) when it's really important.
Their knowledge, experience and connections (the latter of which this guy seems to be missing entirely) make them too valuable to risk in any but the most vital combat situations - at which they'll probably break out the power armour. Anything less just wouldn't be safe enough.

Regardless of what the rulebook may say, the fact is, Inquisitor Lords are probably only average fighters, eclipsed in combat ability by many field Inquisitors. They'll be well equipped by virtue of their long lives, lengthy careers and good connection, but that's more of a compensation for their fighting skills than a boost to it.

All in all, his "Lord" rank seems superfluous, an Inquisitor Lord in name only. I'd say lose it. If you want to write a young Inquisitor Lord (a valid start for a character), then they should be more Lord like, which means having enough connections and respect that other Inquisitors are prepared to style you as above and beyond themselves, then acting like you're too important a resource to be lost.

Also, I don't particularly recommend the Galthite Lacerator with its current rules.
In my experience, they're way too powerful. 2D6+5 would be nasty on its own (easily capable of inflicting two injury levels through carapace armour). Add in the D3 hits rule, it's too much. And woe betide anyone who takes a critical hit.

Personally, I'd reduce it to 2D6+3, but with hits resolved at -1 to the enemy's base injury value. No multiple hits.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Dwi

Going to have too say that I strongly dissagree with you there MS. I feel that if he is not above avrage in combat skill he shound not be a lord. If he can't get stuck in and lead from the front, lead a purge etc, again as above.

However yes they are indeed most of time behind a desk. However on the other hand many normal Inquisitors are too.
I never said that he would be used all the thime did I? His Acolyte Moss will do most of the leeg work. He will only come down if he has too, even if he dose enjoy being in the field. I'm going to use him if my foe pulls something out thats uber strong

I the idea was that he had just started out as IL so I put him at what I think is the middle of the road with only something like half of what a older IL has. My DM IL (wich also has a 28mm counter part for 40k. Seeing a parttern yet?) Has 83 Ld any thing over 85 in my mind is too high for me even for a IL

Kaled

I have to say I agree with Marco. He doesn't seem like Inquisitor Lord material - what you've written so far portrays him as a bit of a loner who is disliked by most. Assuming that I'm getting a fair picture of the character (if not, then you probably need to work on his background some more), then I find it hard to believe such a character has managed to gain sufficient influence to be declared a Lord. Maybe you could elaborate on how he reached that rank?

Dwi

Though most people don't like him (he dose not like them much eather I think many don't meet his standards) he is still well respected. You don't have to be liked to be respected.

It was also something of a reward for a great deed (right now the idea is, he helped, if not stopped, a very bad Hrud magration) wich will be explaned later. Won't be able to post it tonight however fluff allway takes a bit for me (have to make sure it's just right) and I have to go to the docters today.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Dwi on December 13, 2010, 11:06:16 AMI feel that if he is not above avrage in combat skill he shound not be a lord. If he can't get stuck in and lead from the front, lead a purge etc, again as above.
Someone who spends their time dealing with political affairs and huge operations is not going to have the time to stay in practice.

Inquisitor Lords may be reasonable in a fight, yes, but they are too important to risk in combat - if they maintain their skills at all, it will be for self defence, not smacking daemons/xenos/heretics upside the head with a hammer. And more likely, they'll have a cadre of bodyguards to protect them instead.
Most Inquisitor Lords will have been "desk" types for years before their promotion, building up their connections and resources, with their political aspirations detracting from their combat skills.

If there's a case of an "uber-strong" opponent, they won't go themselves, they'll send more resources, a tank, a highly trained assassin or something far more powerful and less important than they are.

Put it this way. Would you expect the Director of the CIA to be a better fighter than an average field agent?
The answer is "probably not" - they're politicians, not trained federal agents. There is the occasional one who was an army general or something, so could be expected to know their stuff, but for the most part, I'd probably be more useful in a fight.

The Director of the CIA (or his boss, the President) does not walk into situations personally. Inquisitor Lords should be seen like this. Promotion beyond "normal" Inquisitor is not based on "killing power".

QuoteHowever yes they are indeed most of time behind a desk. However on the other hand many normal Inquisitors are too.
Yes, but do NOT mistake the player Inquisitors in Inquisitor for being typical examples.
They're almost invariably field Inquisitors, with a very high ratio of field:desk time (by the normal Inquisition standard - most Inquisitors will work via proxy, not in person), and by virtue of being main characters, a fair sight better than the average.

Personally, if you're involving a Lord at all, I'd make it a mostly "off-table" character, with this particular model representing one of his "resources", an Inquisition sanctioned killer who he can send out in aid of his underlings if they require it.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

True, you don't have to be liked to be respected - but so far you've given us little reason to think he's quite so respected. He doesn't like people, has no friends (well, one), has trust issues, is slightly paranoid, and is a scheming radical with an inflated opinion of himself.

Now, I'm not saying an Inquisitor Lord couldn't be those things, but they'd have to be balanced by some positive qualities if he is going to rise through the ranks of his peers. An impresive victory or prowess at arms are not really enough to mark him out as a Lord. It's not a rank given as a reward, more usually it's a recognition of an Inquisitor's standing with his peers, of his power and influence.

If he is going to be a Lord you should think about some of the following. What is his role as a Lord? What sort of influence does he wield? Does he lead a cabal, conclave, Ordo etc? If so, why have is peers chosen him to lead them? Who are his supporters within the Ordos and other Imperial institutions? Who sponsored his promotion?