Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

TT´s start of Inq28 - Chaos Insurgents Concepts

Started by TorogTarkdacil, November 23, 2010, 11:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TorogTarkdacil

Salutations Conclave,
after starting the studies at university and moving into the new city with strong wargaming fanbase it was inevitable that after six years of pleasant acquittance, the 40k would drag me into the murky deeps of tabletop wargaming.  I resisted the temptations the basic TT game and set sail for little bit smaller, but much more narrative and so warmer waters of Inquisitor ;D

To be clear, I doubt I will actually start building the warband until the February of next year because of the uni, but I will have most of the stuff needed before the Christmas. I infected one my friend (a staunch puritan and Imperial Guard player) with enthusiasm for Inquisitors and two other guys are also willing to join us so far. We will use 28mm miniatures as I am convinced (thanks to such things as Molotov´s Inq28 project and numerous =I=munda projects on Dakkadakka to name a few), that even this scale can be used as great representation of shadowy world of Inquisitor, without obligatory squads of Space Marines and Firewarriors.

So finaly on the topic, concept of my first warband:

Traitor Guard Remnant and associated Chaos Insurgents
Background concept: insurgent fighters serving the Ruinous Powers at the recently liberated industrial planet of Morra (place of our future campaign), constantly contesting Imperial rule in guerrilla warfare, terrorist attacks, abductions of important members of Adepta and intelligence gathering, consisting mostly of surviving members of renegade 55th Vargan regiment, one of many regiments from that ac coursed rip-world turned traitor, and numerous merceneries, anti-imperial rebels and other heretical elements

Inspirations: I wanted to make this warband different from "mainstream" chaos cultists, mutie band, alpha legion operatives or even disciplined Blood Pact (although its theme will be strong on Vargans), so I decided to create something resembling Wehrwolf at the end of WWII and Ironclad corsairs from Emperor´s Mercy (only good and well-written thing in whole book by the way...)

Visual Concept: This won´t be a Renegade Guard kill-team, but several characters will have military look, but this should be added to the look of unscrupulous mercenaries with no affiliation beyond money who can pass as normal Imperial citizens, plus I plan to make several oddities which would be clearly servants of Chaos, but more suited for the "civilian" life and shadow war.

Lord-Etovarg Zir Ychael
Background concept:  Lord officer, chaos partisan leader, cell commander of traitorous 55th Vargan Regiment, brutal warrior and draconian leader, trophy-hunter, silent but feared, sadistic but effective, not very educated but working on instinct, considering every tool from innocent child to warp-spawned daemon as resource to be exploited, always surviving

Inspirations: basic one are Bloodpact officers from later Gaunt´s Ghosts, but especially wonderful picture of Magister Sek at the end of Sabbat World Crusade, which looks Chaosy and barbaric, but has great dignity and majesty

Visual Concept: I want someone who looks, despity being obvious servant of chaos originating from feral world, some kind of dignity, authority, discipline and is mocking the civilised nature of Imperial officers

Miniature: I´ll most probably use the body of FW Krieg Commissar, with head replaced by Maximini Traitor Legionare head with grotesque painted gold, part of Chaos Star painted on the greatcoat, more Chaos imagery/icons. weapons would be knife/bayonet from CHSM sprue and CHSM boltpistol, and as bonus there will be several heads hanging on his waist from the razorwire

Trooper Kali Nazianzu
Background concept: veteran of traitorous 55th Vargan, guerilla warrior, master of close combat, scouting and urban warfare,  slightly unhinged, not the strongest, not the most clever, but dedicated to his officer and his perverted duty

Inspirations:  I always imagine this character as "Chaos Mkoll", but there were more sources of inspiration, I just can´t remember them, honestly

Visual Concept: feral looking barbarian in tattered uniform, with bare arms, helmeted head covered with iron grotesque, covered in subtle fetishes, always with his trusted lasgun and knife

Miniature: He will be made from some Cadian from command squad box with catachan or fantasy chaos marauder arms, lasgun with defaced aquilla and some real big knife, with chaos details added, I plan to engrave chaos star into his arm

Blessed Gypid
Background concept:veteran of traitorous 55th Vargan, possessed by lesser unclean spirit, uncontrollable daemonic manifestations, scout, infiltrator and occasionally even infil-traitor

Inspirations: This one is not still completely fleshed out, but I like CHSM possessed, so this is something like common human possessed less concentrated on fight and more on infiltration, oh and Tannahauser daemonic Reich-soldier

Visual Concept: Former soldier of the Enemy hiding his subtle but uncontrollable mutations under long greatcoat, which itself look as made from the living shadow

Miniature: Cadian greatcoat body put into the more dynamic pose, one arm from catachan command squad and second from CHSM possessed, Maximini Traitor Legionare head with removed helmet, chaosy bits

Mercenary Technomancer Tomaz Rashad
Background concept: Heretek, info-breaker, coward, arrogant bastard, always have his price, born on Mechanicus demesne but rejected from seminary despite his talents, experiences of service under the Enemies of Imperium, crime lords of dozen worlds and some say that even His Left Hand...

Inspirations: This is quite easy, one very similar miniature and story for one =I=munda character on Dakkadakka, but the concept of tech-heresy not connected to malifica, bounding of daemons, appealed me since start of Dark Heresy

Visual Concept: Unremarkable individual in long coat, dataslate in hand and no obvious weapons, mechandrites being glimpsed from time to time, evil, calculating grin on bionic face

Miniature: Base for his miniature will be Empire Wizard from WHFB, head from Maximini bionics set as well as bionic hands which will hold a dataslate, I am thinking how to made mechandrites, but there is a small chance that I will be able to acquire bionics and servos from FW Titan Tech-priest

Tortured One
Background concept: unknown astropath captured by Vargans, excruciated to the borders of sanity, chained to unclean cherubiox with null generator, used as unwilling communication and intelligence asset by Chaos Insurgents

Inspirations: None I can remember. My subconscious most probably. Don´t tell my mother.

Visual Concept: ragged, tortured and sorry wretch of man, dragged by angel, with his mind used as ocult mobile phone and vox-thief

Miniature: Body of empire flagellant with FW Renegade Psyker head (that holding his head and screaming) with drilled eyes (there will be lot of blood painted on his face), chain around neck connecting him to a chaosified cherubim, whole miniature will be posed as if being dragged by its "angelic" captor

Rules concepts are still pretty vague (I´ll post them soon), as well as several other characters (such as corpulent and slightly incompetent slaughter priest, Vargan enforcer with mutated cyberhounds, mercenary malefic witch and daemonhost so dangerous that he must be thrice bound and crucified to a man-sized Chaos Icon) who are in my brainstorming process. Every comment, critique and advice is welcomed.

Cheers, TT
I used to be a Puritan until I started to hear those voices too...

Alyster Wick

These all look rather interesting and fairly unique.  Of course I'm excited to see more rules/models but I like your technique of fleshing out/outlining each character.  Would by chance have multiple models, meaning some in more "civilian clothes and others prepped for battle?