Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Kaan Greystone

Started by Alta, August 27, 2010, 10:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alta

Quote from: Flinty on August 31, 2010, 08:43:55 AMwhy was an Inquisitor checking boarding cards at the space port and not causing widespread mayhem/deviously schemeing himself?

The Inquisitor was checking for infection.

Quote from: Flinty on August 31, 2010, 08:43:55 AMWhat happened on Malthiras in the end?

Probably a hive fleet arrived and devoured the planet, he never really bothered to find out; he tried to forget about it.

Quote from: Flinty on August 31, 2010, 08:43:55 AMHow did that episode colour his view of the Inquisition and will that impact on how and for who he will work for/with in the future?

At first he didn't trust any of them, but by now I think he would have learnt to trust them more, but still not completely. So he probably thinks twice about accepting an offer by the Inquisition, although I suppose that if an Inquisitor asked you to do something, refusal is not an option...

Quote from: Flinty on August 31, 2010, 08:43:55 AMhow did he even know that chap was an Inquisitor, and was he a real one?

Not entirely sure, maybe they overheard earlier that a ship was evacuating survivors?

Quote from: Jamas Orian on August 31, 2010, 01:30:38 PM
Yes - that's the part I mean when I said 'suddenly genestealers!'. imo, I think it would be worthwhile adding a paragraph whereby a commander/sergeant/someone important actually states this to them.

I may do this, but where should I put it? Before the description of the invasion?

Thanks again for all the input.
...Few things in life make sense and unfortunately for you I am not one of them...

Darksinger

I noticed a point about orkish weapons in the background- You dont play orks so you wouldnt know, but orkish weaponry will only work in the hands of an ork (or a gretchin). They only work because they are powered by Orkish faith- only a very very litaenous imperial priest could work an ork weapon, and even then it would be stretching it. (so unless Kaan spouts quotations from the emperors litany as he fights, that wouldn't really have woked.) Also, comparing sizes with models, even an ork slugga is about half the size of an imperial guard, so its gotta be quite big in inquisitor. If it was anything bigger than a slugga, he would have had considerable trouble using it. (on another note, Orkish close combat weapons and flamers will work with a lack of faith- they are either heavy enough to bludgeon someone to death anyway or actually work because they have been 'borrowed' from non orky personel)

Alta

Ah, good point. I forgot about that...
At the moment I can't think how I would change it without removing it, yet I wanted to show that prefers other weapons to the lasrifles. Any ideas?
...Few things in life make sense and unfortunately for you I am not one of them...

JoelMcKickass

He's fought Orks in the past and understands that an Autogun is better than a Lasrifle when it comes to fighting them?

Orks respect autoguns because of the boom, compared to the zip of a lasrifle.

Kaled

Anzion's Theorem of Orkoid Metamorphic Resonant Kinetics is a hypothesis rather than fact - and it's obviously not true in all cases, as shown by Armageddon Ork Hunters (maybe they just loot weapons from smaller orks). It does seem to have some truth in some cases - it seems the ork psychic field acts as a kind of psychic lubricant that makes weapons work better in ork hands, and some wouldn't work at all without it.

IIRC Marco has an 'unreliable' rule, or something along those lines, in his armoury that might be perfect for a human using an ork weapon.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Adlan

I'm with Kaled. The piece is written by an unreliable narrator, and even it dosn't claim ork weapons universally fail to function in human hands. But more importantly EYHBTIAL.
Everything you have been told is a lie.

Darksinger

Thats true i suppose... Although my point about sizes hasn't been covered. Has anyone actualy seen an inquisitor scale (54mm) ork model? if they have, what sort of sizes are the weapos they use.

Kaled

Quote from: Darksinger on January 01, 2011, 09:16:33 AM
Although my point about sizes hasn't been covered. Has anyone actualy seen an inquisitor scale (54mm) ork model? if they have, what sort of sizes are the weapos they use.
Orks come in different sizes, so maybe they just loot weapons from smaller orks. Or maybe a pistol/carbine that an ork could use in one hand would need two when held by a human. Ork weapons are going to be heavy, so human characters are likely to suffer penalties due to their weight.

There have been a few ork models on the forum - have a search in the P&M sub-forum and you should find them.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat