Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Eldar Warband - Moving to the trade post...

Started by axiom, December 30, 2010, 12:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

axiom

Quote from: kierkegaard on February 10, 2011, 05:52:29 PMI can't offer any advice on the base because I can't work out what it is that he is sitting on.

The sculpting is a bit rough, but I think it's a tree stump surrounded by long grass :)

Quote from: Alta on February 12, 2011, 04:51:49 PMI don't really like the psi-harmonics tube, but the rest looks fantastic. Well done.

Also I found another Inquisitor Eldar warband while browsing DA that I thought you might like / take inspiration from:
http://profytroll13.deviantart.com/gallery/9992013

The harmonics tube should look much more integrated when painted, but the real bonus is that it will be dead simple to remove if it doesn't look any good. I've spoken with profytroll about his large-scale figures before  now - they're 70mm resin casts from his own fimo sculpts (his coolminiornot gallery has got some of the orginal sculpts IIRC). Very nice work, although a touch too big for Inquisitor ;)

kierkegaard

If the base is meant to be a natural setting, then I would just surround it with a sloped rim of green stuff to build up the area or the plastic base that it doesn't cover, and add some sand, gravel, and/or flock around the edge.

Nevermore2010

Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."

Zoe:  "We live in a space ship, dear."

Hadriel Caine

Ooh. I've seen that before but completely forgot about him. That could really work! Good spot.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Nevermore2010

I've been moving about in the last few months so no converting for me  :(  but i still like to plan outragous models for future dates. Curently thinking of making a 7 swordsman warband but you can only field 3 at any one time, random dice roll selection, which means you have to alter your game style each time you play...

No Bad brain... must wait until you have money again...

Watching with interest tho, Eldar should be used far more often in my humble opinion, such good plot devices.
Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."

Zoe:  "We live in a space ship, dear."

axiom

axiom

Having taken a break from modelling in 54mm for the last 3 or 4 months to concentrate on my Blood Bowl teams, I was inspired to see Kaled's use of Deagostini figures and saw the perfect base model for an Eldar Farseer:

Shaak Ti

These are the very WIP results so far:

I've removed her head and light sabre. The witchblade is a warlock witchblade spliced with another sword I had in my bits box to give it a more suitable length. I've added shoulder pads and the start of a small backpack to the torso. The head comes from Eldar Ulthran which is huge on a 40k model, but is actually pretty much perfect for a sleek close fitting helm on an Inquisitor figure - I still need to repair the right hand side of the face. I also need to add some rune armour, and turn Shaak Ti's front dangly bits into a scarf so the resulting figure is clearly identifiable as a Farseer.

Any comments / thoughts?

Dolnikan

The seer looks very good. You have found a good model to base it on. The helmet fits well with the model.

Could you show a picture of the backpack you're working on?
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

axiom

Quote from: Dolnikan on May 10, 2011, 11:27:30 AM
The seer looks very good. You have found a good model to base it on. The helmet fits well with the model.

Could you show a picture of the backpack you're working on?

Thanks! The backpack is very WIP at the moment - it's an old Wood Elf standard cut down. It's got some gems, scrolls and pouches which allude to the Farseer/Warlock details on some of the 28mm figures. Eventually it will have some Eldar vanes and a ribbed hose linking it to the helmet:

kierkegaard

That model makes a superb Farseer.

I am looking forward to seeing it painted.

judge-minos

WOW
I cannot wait to see it painted.

I always wanted to do some eldar but I would never have seen the potential in those minis,

You are a genius  ;D

precinctomega

Brilliant spot and a great piece of converting!  Another source for a Farseer head that occurred to me the other day  is the head from the old Epic "Warlock Titan"

I was astonished to find that it's still available from GW:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1110094

R.

axiom

Thanks all, it's great to get the feedback and support!

Quote from: precinctomega on May 11, 2011, 12:38:28 PM
Another source for a Farseer head that occurred to me the other day  is the head from the old Epic "Warlock Titan"

I wonder if that head might be too big? It's a great part certainly, but I used it for a Wraithlord conversion last year and it would unbalance the wrong base model.

Heroka Vendile

That's a great choice for the farseer base model, simple but effective conversion.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

axiom

Hi all, it's been a long time since I last looked at any of these figures. I'm considering sticking them up on ebay, but if anyone wants to make offers, let me know (I'll need to check the box and see the current condition).

Cheers!