Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

There Is Only War OOC

Started by Necris, January 05, 2011, 05:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necris

Ok so this is something different not an Rp as such but an anthology of short fics based in singular setting, much akin of Sargoth's idea of a place for people to post short fictions but contained within the

The Dymundus Cluster sits on the fringes of the Carthaxian Sector and is in the depths of war rebel forces under the leadership of the traitor marines of the 1st and 2nd companies of the Knights of Deliverance have spread through out the sector seeking a means to make their leader immortal

I'll complete the background later on in the day

The Dymundus Cluster

A collection 15 systems within the Dymundus Nebular currently eight systems are enveloped in rebellion and war, the capital of the The Dymundus Cluster is Dymos System with the heart of Cluster Government being Dymos Prime a highly developed Hive world with a strong loyalty to the Imperium.

Dymos produces well disciplined mechanised regiments that are noted for their rapid methods of attacks using light tanks to sweep enemy tanks while rapid moving heavier assault vehicles punch into the enemies hearts.

People of Dymos are proud and this filters down into their regiments positions of power are bought and traded by the wealthiest families purchasing their way into regiments, this has bred a superiority complex within the regiments.

++

The Krass System is a feudal system of planets individually governed under a single system governor, Krass V is the heart of the system, the worlds are dominated by densely populated cities and industrial sectors the populace are considered stubborn yet efficient a fact that has translated into the regiments of Guard.

The Imperial Guard regiments of the Krass system are notable infantry divisions supported light tanks and assault vehicles, the regiments are made up of the general populace with those showing flare of command and tactics rising through the ranks, the regiments are considered head strong marching into battle with pipes and drums playing loudly.

++

Rules for posting are simple

You can be anything and anyone within the Cluster as the rebellion develops, each posts are your own to do with as you please unless you open them up to the wider thread, each post can be a solo short entry or as part of a series of posts.

Have fun
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

jakob

I am much more of a lurker than a poster on this forum but this sounds like an interesting idea. I have in mind a wee idea for a story which I could post, hopefully bouncing ideas with other posters. It'll be interesting to see how others take this.

And who knows, maybe after a wee dip into the fiction I can finally muster the motivation to buy and start modelling myself. It has been too long
Medic! MEDIC! . . We need some super-glue over here!

MarcoSkoll

@jakob: Well written - just one tiny thing.

The Carthax sector is in the Segmentum Pacificus (personally, I imagine it to be galactic northeast of the Sabbat Worlds, although that's only my unofficial interpretation), so it's a quite long way from Tau controlled space. While it's not impossible to have Tau made goods there (I'm assuming that's what you mean by "Tau cigar"), it would be an extravagance even the most power-crazy would be unlikely to have.

It might be better to just name some Imperial planet. Possibly one with a name suspiciously close to "Cuba", given the regular theme of puns in GW naming.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

jakob

Thanks for the compliments Marco, it means a lot.

I changed the cigar from being Tau made to being Thuban. From planet Thuba. A planet most famous for its current ruler, Imperial Commander Thastro. Thastro lead a revolution on the planet and over threw the old government proclaiming himself the new leader. Thastro has thus far shown no taint of chaos and has the fierce love of not only his subjects but of all the neighbouring planet leaders. Thus a direct military intervention would prove far too costly.

However, the Inquisition has taken it upon themselves to remove him using covert means. Various assassination attempts have been made on Thastro's life, ranging from hired mercenaries to hidden explosives to toxic chewing gum to pigeons hypno-trained to dive bomb and aim for the eyes...

Thastro has thus far survived over 600 attempts on his life. This is a source of much shame on behalf of the Inquisition.

(I know how to be subtle, but not all the time  ;) )

coloneltea

I think I'll throw in a little bit too if no one minds.

Jarrik32

I think this is a good chance for Inquisitor Devis to come out from the cold, as the last topic I signed up for imploded.

Who knows maybe Thubas leader will have a new protector for a week or so.
Of course any claims that Devis is helping merely to screw with the Inquisition as a whole are mere rumours....

Or not...
We stand as one.

jakob

I have just posted my second entry. A prequal section introducing my villain as well as describing Eliz, Priest and Tioss' progress.

To any who care to care, comments and criticism would be appreciated as always.

Cheers guys

jakob

Apologies for the double post but hey.

Part 6 of this tale is now up for your pleasure (hopefully). Any comments and/or criticism is always welcome of course.

Cheers

Ulgavitch

HI 'Clave

I posted my entry yesterday - I decided to continue the tale of Scholastica, who has a pretty rough time of it. Not quite sure where to go from there, but I'll play off all of your ideas!

=][= U