Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Few Questions before i write a campaign on it...

Started by psycho, January 21, 2011, 06:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psycho

Ok so hi y'all
I recently read pawns of Chaos and loved the idea of a world shrouded in a warp storm....i love the idea of the Inquisition being watered down through time alongside the Imperial side of thinĀ“gs....ok so my questions are as follows:

- Is it feasible for an Inquisitor to be completely against the Governor of said planet?
- Is it feasible for the Governor to try and kill said Inquisitor and blame it on dissidents?
- Is it feasible to have a Chaotic Army out in the Wastelands attempting to breach Warpstorm to allow (what they think) their God to enter their world?
- And finally is it feasible to have more than one Inquisitor in this role?

kerby

Elva

1. I'd say that an Inquisitor could easily be against a Governor, you'd just have to explain why that governor isn't purged.

2.If the Governor has reasons and/or he's got guts and/or is insane, then yes, but the Inquisitor would probably have a bone to pick when they survived.

3. So long as you have a reason why PDF forces or Guard(or other Imperial divisions) haven't dealt with the matter thoroughly.

4. So long as they have reason to work and tolerate each other.

in the end it comes down to how you explain it.
"Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!!"

psycho

Hmmm ok well the idea is basically that the world has been secluded by a warp storm for the better half of a milenium...this has led not only to a breakdown of Imperial control so that it is merely a whisper of its former glory...but has also reduced the Inquisition to mere Witch Finders...they have power yes but no real followers...another part i am keen to get to is the fact that technology has also degraded...meaning no bolt weapons...or power weapons etc etc....but more things like revolvers stubbers etc...the Chaotic army has been seen as a nuisance for many years...with the "imperial army" (this is in a sarcastic way to show the fact that although going under the name of Imperial Army the men are little more than the Governors hired thugs" attempting to purge them many times...however guarilla tactics have led them to merely abbandon this idea and simply kill the ones they do indeed find

kerby

Elva

I think at that point any remnants of the Inquisition on the world would cease to be part of the Imperium(basically you've got someone with access to a lot of power and resources who doesn't have to answer to anyone anymore).

And if the Inquisitors do manage to break through from the outside world, then I'm wondering if they'd even bother with a planet that has obviously gone to hell(virus and orbital bombardment are useful tools), unless of course, there's a reason not to purge and resettle it(assuming its more profitable than to leave it as a rock). It could be an artifact(s), important data, or something else that would warrant the Inquisition's involvement.

I like this idea, it just needs a bit of refining(aka figuring out the details).
"Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!!"

Myriad

Mostly, what Elva said.
1.  Inquisitors vs. Governors? entirely normal.
2.  Governors vs. inquisitors?  Less likely, because whilst removing governors is unlikely to be a problem for inquisitors beyond a few funny looks, even the mysterious dissappearance of the inquisitor could bring wrath down on the governor.  But if he's desperate / ambitious enough, sure.  Especially if he's used to being absolute in his own power.
3.  If a planet is fairly sparsely populated, as many imperial worlds seem to be, a small force of chaos rebels could well survive for some time.  Maybe they're just not big enough to divert a guard regiment to deal with?  Maybe the governor is a nimby about military interventions?
4.  If there's a serious threat of a chaos incursion even distrustful inquisitors might work together.  Obviously two being in the same place is comparitively unlikely, but it's feasable.

About the backstory in general.  The inquisition doesn't generally have a strong local presence on planets, and it's more likely that a planet cut off for that long would have no inquisitorial presence (or maybe one 500 year old guy).    If a world is hard to get to a problem may well be able to grow unnoticed - maybe they're just the first inquisitors to get to the planet for some time?  Maybe they're lower rankers sent to assess the planet and are in over their heads.  Plenty of imperial worlds are 'primitive' worlds with limited technological access.  I've long been attracted to the idea of a campaign where the heroes are seperated from their favourite toys.

It's a good basic idea with no huge problems.  Like all ideas it needs fleshing out, unless you happen to be good at winging it :).
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

psycho

Ok so the idea of the inquisitors on the planet is merely the fact that an Inquisitor was planetside when the warp storm broke out. The Inquisition are the only ones that are still incredibly loyal to the Imperium, although they see it as a deity in its own right as they have no real knowledge about it.

kerby