Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

GW Dark Eldar beasts

Started by Heroka Vendile, February 16, 2011, 01:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

precinctomega

@Macabre - and the award for most disturbing image of the thread goes to...

R.

Molotov

Quote from: Molotov on February 18, 2011, 05:48:03 PM
I'm actually wondering about putting the head of the Clawed Fiend onto a Blood Bowl Ogre (or even an Ogryn)...

Hmm...
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Macabre

You disappoint me, PO, I would have thought you would have recognised a Red Dwarf reference when you saw one :p
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Molotov

For those of us curious about sizing, perhaps this image might help?

Certainly looks like it'd fit well into 54mm gaming.
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

MarcoSkoll

I'd prefer to extrapolate from the known 40mm base size:

Each square is 10mm to the side. So about 45mm up to shoulder level (48 if you count the wild hair) not including the base.
Smaller than most Inquisitor models, but not impossibly small (sort of Chimpanzee size/proportions, excepting the tail). Nothing wrong with that - imagine an alien chimpanzee with inhuman speed, strength and very sharp claws, and you could certainly get your players worried about it. Particularly if you inflicted hit penalties for its small size and speed.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

DapperAnarchist

Also, the head and arms are massive compared to the body, making it useful for mutants and chaos-possessed horrors.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Molotov

I bought the Clawed Fiend today and it's quite a nice model. It comes in four pieces - the main body, arm and head, the outstretched arm, one of the legs, and finally the tail. It's not a bad model, and with plastic dire wolves (etc.) you could certainly make a 54mm "Wolfman".

We'll see what's left of mine after I've sawed the head off...
- precinctomega

Adlan

Kered suggests that maybe you could convert a jokero out of the sufficiently ape like clawed fiend.

Molotov

Huh, that's an idea that wouldn't have occurred to me. Not a bad one, though. GW's 'What's New Today' has Jes Goodwin talking about the Donorian Clawed Fiend (with an excellent picture) and the ape inspiration that led him to the design.
- precinctomega

Swarbie

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on February 19, 2011, 04:05:50 PM
Smaller than most Inquisitor models, but not impossibly small (sort of Chimpanzee size/proportions, excepting the tail). Nothing wrong with that - imagine an alien chimpanzee with inhuman speed, strength and very sharp claws, and you could certainly get your players worried about it. Particularly if you inflicted hit penalties for its small size and speed.

Note that chimpanzees already have above-average (compared to a human) strength - IIRC, the average chimp is on a similar level to a strength-trained human, eg, an Olympian of some kind.

Bring the claws, teeth and tail (which immediately made me think of Aliens) into it and you've got quite a nasty little beasty.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

Yep, they'r out now, so can't wait to see the results of your work
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

Molotov

Hey guys, I've bought the Fiend for my INQ28 stuff, but I figured some of you might appreciate a size comparison.

- precinctomega

Aidan

Big chimpanzee...

@Molotov:

Definitely great size-wise. I might want one or two of those.

. . .

Somehow there's something funny about that last photo. Robed guy seems to be screaming in outrage and surprise at the fiend.  :P

-A.