Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

WIP Scribe Updated

Started by kierkegaard, January 23, 2011, 09:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molotov

The idea of a mutant servant (not sure about "servitor") as almost a "beast of burden" is a great one. I imagine a library somewhere on an Imperial world with Quasimodo-like muties sweeping and tidying. Really quite evocative already just from the name, which shows you're onto a winner.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

kierkegaard

Well, I call it a servitor because it is half bionic bits.

What I have so far is Quovandius' torso (with the chains and rings removed,) Gruss' legs (with the hem removed,) the masked mutant head from the booster pack, and a pair of bionic arms built from Sentinel chain weapon attachments and old Space Marine servo arm claws

I'll take a wip shot when I have it fitted together.

judge-minos

Great job as usual, I am too building a scribe but inspired by a different concept sketch. Is going very slowly but I hope to be able to show him soon

kierkegaard

Inspired by the artwork that Molotov posted, I have built a book carrying servo skull. What do you think?

RobSkib

Definitely needs more books :) A couple of burnt-out candles would look good as well, the wax dribbling over the ancient tomes...
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

judge-minos

I Love it, I want one.

I agree that a couple of books more would do the trick but i love it anyway, I will definitely steal the idea for my sage

precinctomega

Needs more cables and stuff, but a great start.

R.

kierkegaard

Thanks guys. I'll put another larger book under the stack. I don't really see where I can put any more cables though (you did look at the side shots, right Robey?)

Heroka Vendile

why not add a small censer or tabard hanging below?
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Aurelius 12

Quote from: kierkegaard on March 09, 2011, 06:51:03 PM
I don't really see where I can put any more cables though

Perhaps one going from an eye socket to the skull base? I like the sense of movement with them all streamed back, although that makes me think the servitor must be going at quite a pace, I hope the books are strapped down well!
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

Molotov

I think the difference between the image and your model is that you've got the tray balancing on top of the skull, rather than in the image, where the top of the skull has been sliced off. I think they both just give differing looks. Perhaps a third book beneath the metal book might look better?
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

precinctomega

Quoteyou did look at the side shots, right Robey?

Heh.  Oops!

Although, I still think that at least one dangling cable from underneath the skull would finish it off a smidgen.

R.

Ynek

Personally, I think that the cables look spot-on as they are, but a robotic eyepiece or lens somewhere would help to make the front of it look a bit more mechanical, and also give it a way of telling where it's going...
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

kierkegaard

Sorry to take so long in replying, I haven't been able to get on the site until today.

Thanks for all the suggestions - I like most of them, but I am a bit hampered by the way that the flying base takes up so much of the underside of the skull. I don't really think that any more cables will fit under the skull, and a dangling tabard or other object will ruin the sense of movement implied by the trailing cables.

At the moment I am thinking
a) Another book in the stack
b) A robotic eye/lense looking widget in one of the eye sockets
c) Rebuild the skull/tray interface so that a bit more of the top of the skull is removed and the tray sits lower

Ynek

Sounds good, man!
Just had another idea.... If you wanted to exaggerate the feeling of motion, you could have some cloth bookmarks hanging/flapping out of the back of the tomes in much the same way as it's cables...
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."