Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Ani Lycanson and team - Revised

Started by Frostspear, February 03, 2011, 11:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

I've a few comments on the rules from my Tech-Priest article - of course it's up to players how they choose to use the rules, but I've seen quite a few people using them in ways I hadn't intended.

The first is the statline - I deliberately suggested considerably lower stats than most people use with the idea that they should be compensated for using technology.  So while a Tech-Priest wouldn't normally have a high BS, he is likely to have a range-finder built into his eye.  Or he might not have as high a toughness as other characters, but is likely to have augmentations that make him resistant to toxins and may well have others that help him recover more quickly.  If players instead use such augmentations with a regular Tech-Priest profile they can easily end up with a much more powerful character - and the point of the article was to make more interesting Tech-Priests, not more powerful ones.

Another thing is the combination of rules from the rulebook and ones from the article, whereas the intention was to use the rules in DM in place of the rulebook ones.  For example, often people use the rules for bionic arms from the rulebook where quality is almost solely related to the amount they enhance a character's strength.  My idea was that Tech-Priests could be given advanced bionic arms that do things other than just enhance strength.  That idea obviously doesn't appeal to other people, but I'm not entirely sure why people always want arms that enhance strength?

And on a final note, those weapons you've created are rather powerful.  That all said, I'm looking forwards to seeing how you model a character with all those augmentations & weapons.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Frostspear

Ah, it seems I've finally screwed up enough to generate a sizeable amount of criticism. Well, 1.25 misses out of 5 isn't too bad.

Normally I would immediately change everything in response, but physically dominating and powerful was actually the intention in this instance [not one that I plan to repeat, however]. I fully understand what you're saying and, were I to create a proper Tech-adept player character, it would certainly be a lot closer to your intentions...but probably not this time. There are a number of weird, semi-formed ideas in the recesses of my mind I would like to see come to fruition and besides, as I said, he's mostly support in actual game terms - not a lot of opportunity to actually dominate. With regards to IGT approval...I probably wouldn't end up using him there anyway; it doesn't really work in my head.

Anyway, that plasma bomb is probably going to blow what remains of his face off as soon as it comes into contact with air, not to mention a lot of time spent aiming to actually hit anything and the long recharge time made even longer after I decide to reduce the maximum power level by 3. High risk, high reward and long cooldowns.

And you'd probably be disappointed with a model; my conversion skills are mostly limited to bolting bits on and switching arms...and my bits box isn't exactly bursting with parts of any use at all.
Be not so swift to embrace us as allies.

Auspicious fate dictated that we should fight side-by-side this day, but fate is a fickle creature.

At our next encounter, it will be my fists that bear the stain of your blood.