Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Campaign Booklet - Malice - First post

Started by Ulgavitch, January 27, 2011, 01:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulgavitch

Hello 'Clavers (Is that the correct term?)

I've been lurking on this forum for years, but I've never had the guts to actually post anything. But finally, since I decided to actually be brave, I thought I'd show this to the 'clave and see what everyone thought.

The book is here, in .pdf: http://bit.ly/euV4EJ

'A World of Malice' was a campaign setting I never actually ran. I spent ages writing and arranging it, designing missions and such like, but then the players fell through on me. I never met anyone else who liked playing Inquisitor.

And that was about ... five years ago!

So, now I present it to the 'clave so it won't go to waste. I don't know any Inquisitor players where I live, so if anyone enjoys it, feel free to take it as your own and use it as you will. I would love for my hard work to not have just been in vain.

Thanks, and I look forward to being part of this group.

P.S - I am aware of the copywrite implications of the artwork, too.

EDIT: I think I've fixed the link now, sorry guys.

Myriad

WELCOME TO THE CONCLAVE

It's a pain trying to get people to play inquisitor sometimes, I agree.  Robey has always had the knack of luring them in with shiny 54mm models, but I've not got that to work myself  :).

Thanks for posting the campaign, it's always useful to see other people's ideas for scenarios.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

ismeno

Awesome material there, really great layout. Thank you so much for sharing! :) If you ever happen to stray into the northern wastes of Sweden I'll have a game or two ready!

Ulgavitch

Thank you!

I'm not sure when I'll be in Sweden, but I'll definitely swing by if I'm there. If you come to the sunny hills of Wales I'd do the same.

psycho

where in sweden pal?
im in dalarna....but ill be working in Ornskoldsvik soon.
I cant actually download the booklet...keeps saying error

kerby

Easy E

Good stuff and nicely formatted. 

I liked the Voices of Malice section and the Cult of the Physical Omnissiah. 

Pretty strong Dune parallels. 
^Cheapskate^

psycho

Having finally been able to download it i must say its Rather good....in fact its bloody good mate...if ever you fancy doing another then let us all hear about it...and what were your views on what should happen in the campaign? As in where did you see it going?

kerby

Ulgavitch

QuoteHaving finally been able to download it i must say its Rather good....in fact its bloody good mate...if ever you fancy doing another then let us all hear about it...and what were your views on what should happen in the campaign? As in where did you see it going?

Cheers! It doesn't feel like a complete waste of time now.

Where was it going to go? Well, I had a few ideas for opening missions, including fighting the Ichwan on the desert surface to regain a crashed artifact. My favorite idea for later missions was hunting the Polero in the Night Mines. I thought the idea of actually having mostly blind characters in a place where light meant death would be great fun. Equally, I'd love to have a mission searching for a book within Santa Sedes, the silent library, where fire is always a risk. There would be angry librarians within that as well!

Another opening would be rescuing someone from the rite of conjunctis Viriblis, so fighting off the cult and then grabbing the person before the worm gets there. Suitable tense, especially as the worm began to get closer (The dust rises, the ground shakes, an mini-earth quake starts...) 

Tenya Arcadia is hiding the Heart of Ruinous life on Malice, and the Ecclesiarchy and the Cult of Physical Ommnissah would be competing over this. Each assumes that the other would is, to gain more power. Therefore both have to! That would feed into the power struggle between the two tech-magos and eventually civil war would break out. The Heart of Ruinous Life would eventually end up being used and then, during the war, the plague would once more start ... chaos would ensue.

That was my idea. I was also going to wait to see what would happen between the players as well, I tend to let their idea alter the flow.

I mean, what did it suggest to you then?

psycho

Well i love the silent library idea mate....much like fighting in an armoury is dangerous this had a more subtle twist to it.
I also saw the rescuing of someone in the Worm Ritual (sorry mate the name illudes me) as a primary scenerio....say a member of the players warband is captured and offered as the worm food...this would allow a real reason for the players to be there instead of the usual "save the priest/girl/whoever the hell" thing that usually gets played.

The young female Inquisitor....forget her name...she seems a nice character to expand on alot more....i mean shes in the grey area of classification...not good and not evil (well not exactly ;) )....much like the charcters provided with the last IGT pack (the contact cards) ive used several of those and developed on them alot more to make fully fledged non model characters that have been used in my last campaign...

I always struggle with campaigns...due to there only being myself and my dad playing, so i tend to run out of ideas early on as i feel i have to keep him entertained....but this might be nice to try out soon

kerby

Easy E

Not a waste of time at all! 

I look forward to your next world building adventure! 
^Cheapskate^

Wasa

Hi there.
This is my first post here on the forum. The link doesnt work for me i would be very happy if someone had this or an other campaign ready for download. I dont have the time anymore to make the campaings myself because of small children and a lot of work, but i finally conviced my friends to start up inquisitor again after 5 years. Unfortunatly we have already played the cirian campaigns otherwise i could have used them.
By the way im from sweden too, but the southern part.

//Wasa

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Wasa on February 26, 2013, 07:18:42 PM
Hi there.
This is my first post here on the forum. The link doesnt work for me i would be very happy if someone had this or an other campaign ready for download. I dont have the time anymore to make the campaings myself because of small children and a lot of work, but i finally conviced my friends to start up inquisitor again after 5 years. Unfortunatly we have already played the cirian campaigns otherwise i could have used them.
By the way im from sweden too, but the southern part.

//Wasa

although the main site is down for maintenance after hosting ran out, the archive of articles is still available from Dark Magenta, you'll find a couple campaign guides in there. The In the Shadow of the Throne article in Issue 1 and Telling Tall Tales are good ones to look at for campaign advice.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy