Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Grav-Chute rules?

Started by DapperAnarchist, January 28, 2011, 01:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DapperAnarchist

Does anyone have any good ideas for that? Would it simply offer the Catfall ability, or would it be better than that? What about the Acrobatic ability?
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

MarcoSkoll

Better than Catfall. A gravchute is pretty much equivalent to a parachute - it just works by reducing gravity rather than increasing drag.

So I couldn't see it being used for Acrobatic (even if you did "hack" it, the Imperial versions are pretty bulky, so still more likely to be a hindrance than an aid).
As far as rules, I'd let it cap a character's fall damage at 5 yards, then allow them to take an S (or perhaps an I) test on landing to avoid even that.

For a disposable version that will burn out after one or two uses, I'd allow only a small Enc penalty, but for a proper reusable military version, it'd be pretty big. Forge World used to have photos of them on their Elysians, but it seems they're now only sold separately so they don't have the two in the same photo for scale reference any more.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles