Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Alta's 54mm

Started by Alta, January 22, 2011, 04:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alta

Currently I have no GW Inquisitor models, yet I have still started making some 54mm figures.

Firstly I made a ServoSkull. Looking at it, the head is too large and there are a few other things I could change. It was made in under an hour from greenstuff and paperclips.

Recently I have started work on a genestealer cultist. I haven't got any rules made for him and didn't really have anything in mind when I started sculpting him, I designed him as I made him. He's still WIP so I would appreciate suggestions. I also have no idea what his gun is, so would like your suggestions on what you think it is. His body and legs are from a 2nd ed Tyranid Warrior and his gun started as a 2nd ed Hive Tyrant Barbed Strangler. Everythinge else was made from greenstuff and plasticard.

---

Comments and critiscism much appreciated.

...Few things in life make sense and unfortunately for you I am not one of them...

Holiad

That's a pretty good servoskull for green-stuff and paperclips, and while it doesn't quite fit normal human proportions it's comfortably within what can be justified.
The genestealer hybrid seems promising too, except that the legs seem a bit too thick. Also, most hybrids with that much genestealer in them would have an extra arm, which would help him a lot in handling that large bulky weapon. As for the gun, it looks to me like a simple, even primitive, but high-calibre auto-weapon.
Poor noble Marech
Noone 'till the end could see
Your brave heart of fire

Heroka Vendile

don't worry about a distended skull, most of the ones in GW artwork have elongated craniums, so it's perfectly normal, apparently.

interesting work on the genestealer cultist, can't wait to see more.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Alta

@Holiad - he's a hybrid (2nd stage cultist - http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Genestealer#2nd_Generation_-_Hybrid) so 3 arms is about normal. Also, his legs aren't that big, his trousers are just baggy (it's not so obvious on the photo).

I've given him a knife, which is strapped onto his back. I've also started making a Maelignaci (1st stage cultist).
I'll post up a thread soon with rules for them.
...Few things in life make sense and unfortunately for you I am not one of them...

Alta

Dakka is fully finished and painted:

Front   Left   Rear   Right

The Maelignaci is on hold until I get some more glue, but I've started work on sculpting my Inquisitor. Currently I've only made his armature, but I'll get some WIP pics once there's something to see...

Alyster Wick

While it may be very retro GS-cult, I think it works.  Job well done on a more-or-less full sculpt, I think it's rather effective and I definitely think the paint gives it a new dimension.  All respect for your daring at slopping a bunch of green stuff on an armature and going to town.