Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Preparing for IGT 2011

Started by precinctomega, January 31, 2011, 04:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molotov

I particularly like the first of the pair. The digital camouflage is very well executed, too.

Who else is going to be paired with them?
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

precinctomega

Yes, the idea of ballistic masks isn't to be bullet-proof but to prevent minor facial wounds (which are notorious for bleeding profusely) from reducing a soldier's combat effectiveness.  Of course, the larger question is whether they reduce a soldier's combat effectiveness enough by reducing his combat awareness and making him sweaty and uncomfortable such that the reduced likelihood of minor facial injuries is hardly accommodated.

Still, they do look cool and threatening, so in this context I'm all for them.

@Mol - I've still not decided.  I have a very (very) old, half-finished female commissar conversion and a female arbitrator conversion on my desk.  The former may well get some attention, as it's based on the 54mm Wood Elf limited edition mini and I love using weird GW minis at WHW to confuse the staff.

I've got a plethora of half-done characters in my army case that might need to be looked at and oodles of bits.  I'm thinking I might get the Black Army Space Guard and hope that no one at WHW looks too closely, because I think the guy would look brilliant in a camouflage jacket.

Or I could finish my power-armoured Inquisitor Morpheus Braman (the one who appears with these two above), although I fear he would be a bit of a power-house to be taking to the IGT.

R.

Lacerto

Great work. TWO-one's tattoo is really lifelike, really cleanly executed. I love the digital camo, I've never come across that before. Consider it stolen for my next mob of 40K Blood Axes.

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: precinctomega on February 01, 2011, 08:48:10 PMI have a very (very) old, half-finished female commissar conversion  ......  The former may well get some attention, as it's based on the 54mm Wood Elf limited edition mini and I love using weird GW minis at WHW to confuse the staff.

I remember when you started that. Wasn't that a way way back on the ol' green Conclave? Be great to see her finished off.

I'll be using the Space Guard as the basis of a model I'll be playing with as well Robey - but it so happens I'll have a spare warband member if I were to be told to hide him away - which I doubt.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Necris

I thought Morpheus was finished, wasn't he in use at the last conclave meet?
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

precinctomega

Morpheus is finished-ish.  He could do with bringing up to scratch. Truth is that my painting has significantly improved since I started doing it full-time.

R.