Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

GW Dark Eldar beasts

Started by Heroka Vendile, February 16, 2011, 01:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heroka Vendile

The new beast models have been unveiled by GW. The Khymera are basically a Warp Beast update, while the Clawed Fiend brings a creature first glimpsed in the 3rd edition rulebook into model form for the first time. Unfortunately all are individual metal blister packs. There's also the Razorwing Flock, but I see that having less inquisitor potential than any of these.

Khymera 1 £8.70

Khymera 2 £8.70

Clawed Fiend £13.80
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Stormgrad

The Clawed Fiend seems like it might have some use, maybe as a rogue mutant on a killing spree

axiom

Plenty of opportunities on all of these (I also think the Razorwings could be used for familiars or the like). They're actually some of the best 'beast' figures GW have put out (historically they've been largely pretty poor).

Necris

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on February 16, 2011, 01:35:43 PM

There's also the Razorwing Flock, but I see that having less inquisitor potential than any of these.

Psyber Eagle?
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

precinctomega

I see the razorwings having plenty of utility as roaming beasts, a bit like the LOTR bat swarms.

The clawed fiend is just crying out for use in INQ, though.  Very menacing, even at 54mm, I should think.

R.

Kallidor

Every time I see Games Workshop prices these days it staggers me.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Alta

So true Kallidor...

The razorwings could be easily used as familiars or roaming beasts.
Also, it wouldn't take much conversion to turn the clawed fiend into a 54mm werewolf. Any idea of how big it is?
...Few things in life make sense and unfortunately for you I am not one of them...

Aurelius 12

Quote from: Alta on February 16, 2011, 06:15:36 PM

Also, it wouldn't take much conversion to turn the clawed fiend into a 54mm werewolf.

That's exactly what I thought when I first saw it, only I rather like the multi-eyed look. Who ever said lycanthropy was restricted to humans after all?!
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

Kallidor

Going off the base I would estimate the Clawed Fiend to stand roughly 50mm high from the bottom of the rubble to the top of the mane/neck.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Necris

Molotov

I'm actually wondering about putting the head of the Clawed Fiend onto a Blood Bowl Ogre (or even an Ogryn)...
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

DapperAnarchist

So, the Clawed fiend has 6 eyes, that's fine... but why does it have 6 nipples?
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

MarcoSkoll

... because two is actually quite unusual? Yeah, primates, goats and sheep may have 2, but cows have 4, cats and dogs have 8 (although some dogs have 10), and pigs have 18.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Macabre

I wonder if the female of the species is easy to please in bed...especially if you play the piano.
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Necris

Having just finished watching resident evil ( I am aware of what time it is)

The fiends look like licktors (With arms)