Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Davelin Hurst - Charming. Heroic. Coward?

Started by scotty, February 23, 2011, 09:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty

Hey

Just fleshing out my warband which I hope finally to get together. I have opted for a warband not lead by an Inquisitor, but more of an mercenary/adventurer kind of group.

Anyway for my next character I have opted for someone who is a great negotiater and is very charming but a great physical coward. Hopefully making for characterful incidents in game when an arms deal has gone wrong and the one who was talking up all the threats is the first though the exit door (or something along those lines anyway ;D). Someone along the lines of a FLashman sort of hero, one who is full of strong words and a brave front, but is generally no where to be found when the shooting starts.

His background has not been fully fleshed out yet but the basics are: he avoided drafting into the IMperial Guard by stowing away on a Rogue Traders ship, was given a job and worked his ways up through the ranks, using his natural way with words and gentlemanly apperence,  to become on of the Rogue Trader's trusted advisers. However in one arms deal, Daveline pushed too hard with a client and triggered a minor diplomatic incident with several planets. He barely escaped with his life and lost half of the Rogue traders fleet in the ensuing battle.

THe Rogue Trade, furious over his massive loss,(and also the fact that he just found out Davelin was sleeping with his daughter, amoungst others) attempted to kill Davelin, who escaped again thanks to the interventionof the Rogue traders daughter. So Davelin is on the run, penniless and hunted by all many of bounty hunters and lawmen. He makes his way through space, taking various jobs and trying to reestablish himself.

WS - 41
BS - 46
S - 45
T - 50
I - 67
Wp - 42
Sg - 64
Nv - 40
Ld - 74

Traits: Connected* Persuade (From the Tau Water Caste article).

Weapons: Needle Pistol (rounds coated with hallucogen) with 4 reloads, sword.

Equip: Flak armour on chest, Cyber-mastiff

*This is probably more of a role-playing skill than anything, but perhaps it could be used to represent the insider knowledge he had of many criminal and mercenarie organisations by allowing him to turn mercenaries that a rival band has hired or something (Gm approved only of course).

For the model I was going to do a conversion using this as the base:
http://www.beneito.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=173

It looks quite Rogue Traderish, and with a little conversion, could like quite 40kish too.

Any suggestions on additional traits I could give him?

Comments and queries are always welcome.

Yorah

Adlan

Sounds good, what sort of companions will he have?

Myriad

There's a risk he ends up suffering rather in game, but I like him.  He's the kind of character that always adds a bit of personality to the game.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

scotty

HIs companions will be an Imperial guard deserter who has drinking problems and suffers quite bad flashbacks, and a high-tech sniper type assassin who dosen't speak much.

The ex-guard will be the main member of the warband; who will all be on the run in some way or form trying to escapse or redeem themselves.

And Myriad, don't worry, I am sure at the first sign of danger he will secrete himself in some hidden location, makes for an interesting inititive test lol.