Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

ElectroBEAST

Started by latexsanta, February 25, 2011, 04:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

latexsanta

OK, so my Ordos Xenos Inquisitor has close ties with the Organist sect of the Adeptus Mechanicus and is looking to basically make "upgraded humans". I'm thinking of introducing the latest prototype (based on Trygon DNA) to his warband - a human with physical stats in the top 60s and very high WS as he's been training to fight. I'd like him to be rather close-combat orientated and have the ability to produce electrical charges. I was going to represent this with the Electric Blood mutation and have him be immune to the effects of shock weapons (while all his unarmed attacks count as said weapons). Do you reckon that seems fair, and any ideas for skills/abilities etc?

P.S Briefly considered him having throwing stars which he can charge with electricity, but that seemed a little too far...

Kaled

Maybe look at some of the rules for Electoo Inductors in my Tech-Priests article for Dark Magenta.

I'd also suggest that the experiment should have significant drawbacks - pretty much every Imperial/AdMech attempt to make 'upgraded humans' has resulted in ones that are improved in some ways but suffer in others. Look at the Afriel Strain for example.

As for whether your idea is 'fair' - I'm not really sure the concept of fair has much meaning when talking about Inquisitor...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Holiad

Reasonable enough to count his attacks as shock weapons, since you could just give him a shock weapon, but due to the weakness of unarmed attacks he might fare better if you extended the ability to include conductive weapons, but I think resistance to shock weapons, in the form of a bonus to his toughness test, would be better and more interesting than outright immunity-it's always somewhat harsh to render an opponent's weapon or ability completely ineffective, so I'd rather leave a chance of it working.

As an aside, the background needs a little work too-tyranid DNA is incompatible with humans to the extent that it would be a lot easier to engineer a human to give it comparable abilities than it would be to add the same abilities by safely incorporating tyranid DNA.
Poor noble Marech
Noone 'till the end could see
Your brave heart of fire

latexsanta

I agree with you on those points - immunties are kinda not in the spirit of =I=. And as for the weaponry point - perhaps a staff would be better choice for him anyways. Thanks for the comments so far : ]

GAZKUL

on the electrified throwing stars thing, the character Hei from the anime/manga Darker Than Black has a similar ability revolving around knives attached to wires which are electrified at opportune moments.
"You do not need to prove that you exist because soon you won't"