Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Jumping, strength and bionic arms.

Started by Aurelius 12, February 19, 2011, 10:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurelius 12

So say I have a character with a S24 normal arm and a S56 bionic arm for a combined strength of 80, what effect does this have on the distance they can jump? I assume that the total strength is used to calculate this (for a total of 4 yards). I only ask because it seems odd that a bionic arm should increase the character's ability to jump!
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

Myriad

This all falls well within GMs discretion.  I would only allow a bonus for a bionic arm if it was being used to perform an action, here defaulting to the character's 'native' strength of 24.  This seems very low though - if this represented the weakness of the arm I'd probably average the two.  Basically, feel free to 'wing it' to keep things feeling intuitive.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

MarcoSkoll

I never let players use the strength of bionic arms when it's not appropriate (which includes for jumps). If they haven't kept a record of their base strength, then I'll usually decree it to be some pretty conservative value. 40 is something of a favourite.

So, I normally have S stats something like: 70-(60/35)-95
Which is base strength, split strengths of L/R arms, then a total respectively.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

precinctomega

The character in question should be treated as having a Strength of 48 for the purposes of jumping.

R.