Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Anybody know this quote?

Started by Inquisitor Goldeneye, March 01, 2011, 08:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Goldeneye

I'm trying to find a specific quote from some piece of 40K fluff or other; I think it was one of those little mottos they put in boxes randomly scattered about the pages of sourcebooks.

It was supposed to be from an Adeptus Mechanicus Magos and, as far as I can remember, it whent something along the lines of:-

"The universe is not a puzzle-box to be examined ... something-something ... the universe changes as it is looked at ... something-something ... a powerfull man has only to look upon the universe in order to change it!"

Or something like that anyway.

I have checked Lexicanum's quotes page to no avail and its driving me batty trying to remember where I read it, help me Conclave-Wan-Kenobi, you're my only hope!
'A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.' -  William Wordsworth.

Allod

QuoteThe universe is not like a puzzle-box that you can take apart and put back together again and so solve its secrets. It is a shifting uncertain thing which changes as you consider it, which is changed by the very act of observation. A powerful man is not a man who dissects the universe like a puzzle-box, examining it piece by piece and measuring each piece with scientific precision. A powerful man has only to look upon the universe to change it.

- Technomagos Gaelos

Codex Imperialis (the 2nd ed. background book), p.44

Cheers!

Inquisitor Goldeneye

That's exactly what I was looking for, ta muchly!
'A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.' -  William Wordsworth.