Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Gav's Challenge; Entries

Started by greenstuff_gav, September 03, 2010, 02:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kallidor

First preference for PO and Second Preference for Serge.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

psycho

greenstuff_gav

so, with voting closed, it's obvious Kallidor is winner!

i'll be contacting Kallidor, PO, Serge and Tessio Niri about getting a bits pack together once i'm back from Canada :)
again, thanks to all those who entered and all those who voted   ;D
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Kallidor

I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who picked me, I am very pleased that I got such a good response. I haven't entered any kind of modelling challenge before so it's a real thrill to come top.

So thank you all once again and I would also like to say very well done to the other entrants.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Heroka Vendile

completely missed all this, great work everyone
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Kaled

I was wondering if this is still planned to go ahead?  With your new job Gav, you must be in a good position to cast a few sets of heads - and maybe we could run a similar thing to build weapons or accessories and build up a Conclave Conversion Pack...

Or if the moment has gone, maybe it's time to un-sticky these threads?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

greenstuff_gav

it's still WIP; i tried some home casting which was a complete travesty  :-[ the originals are fine so am waiting the time to try it at work :D

am currently working on a project in 54mm at work, but once i've got that working i'll be re-spruing up the heads, hopefully so i can cast 'em at home :)

may run another contest as i've got 8 heads in the pack; including 2 OOP GW guard heads  ::)

Build Your Imagination

greenstuff_gav

for those interested, Heres the Sprue but my usual methods were full of fail (just visible on the bottom right are some horrible attempts at drop casting.. that didn't work at all either :( ) :(
so now getting in contact with Grey Matter about getting 'em cast professionally  :)

Build Your Imagination

gwrulz

Seems to me, from my castings, you are better off not making a sprue but instead "block cast".  If you look at the new scibor stuff you'll see what I mean.  The other thing is longer set up resin is best for us since we're only doing person casts  ;) and do not need to make 300!  You might check with your resin manufacturer, but most likely if you reduce the amount of one of the resin components you'll get better details.
Looking a Space Marine Helmet? I may have one!