Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Churr Affair - IGT11 Scenario

Started by greenstuff_gav, March 28, 2011, 10:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

so, here's my scenario for the IGT11, i think on the whole it didn't work due to vague objectives for the players, something i may rectify at a later date :)

I'd planned for the players to utilise one character each, using the "spare" characters to cover their tracks.. this, also, didn't work :(
i think to fix that one, all players are given a list of several miniatures on the table, controlling a selection of NPCs in dispersed amongst the player characters to give that "who is who" feeling :)

anyway, onto the details:

Player #1 Brief

+++INCOMING TRANSMISSION+++

Brother, the renowned Cantatorix Sanjora Churr is playing a concert of her popular cantos on the Hive World of Kakrafoon

While Churr and her non-mainstream music have been proven free from taint, we are wary of its effect apon the populace and her followers.

You are required to investigate this concert and assess if it poses a threat toward the stability of the region or even the Imperial Presence.

YOUR ORDERS:  You are authorised to utilize any means necessary to judge this concert, however, we recommend not interrupting without due cause; if an interruption is necessary, do your utmost to avoid collatoral damage.

May He in His Divine Light Protect!

Veritas Imperitor!

+++TRANSMISSION END+++[/i]

Player Note:

you may pick a single character to investigate the concert.
Any unused miniatures should be added to the crowd in front of the stage and are effectively NPCs.
Actions are still rolled for these NPCs, but players are reminded of their status as concert patrons.
Deploy your chosen PC anywhere. If so desired, intermingle the PC with the NPCs and inform the GM which character is your PC. Your PC is restricted to weapons the size of a pistol or smaller, no explosive or power weapons.

Player #2 Brief

Honoured Companion, the heretical Cantatorix Sanjora Churr is once again spreading the caphony referred to as Music on the Hive World of Kakrafoon.

While the Cantorix and her unholy noise, an affront to the Golden Throne and the Glory of His Astropathic Choir, has been "proven" free of taint, its effect on those who bear witness to this heretic's performances is undeniably shocking; a violent outbursts of erratic movements and a group euphoria.

It has been decided that this state of affairs cannot continue; this heretic and her influence must be removed.

However, due to the politics poisoning the Emperor's Servants, we cannot be held accountable or even suspected of our involvement.

As a True Servant of the Holy God-Emperor, you are tasked with eliminating this banshee and to ensure we are free from suspicion.

May He Guide Your Hand

Veritas Imperitor

+++TRANSMISSION END+++

Player Note:

You may pick a single character to infiltrate the concert and assassinate Churr.

Any unused miniatures should be added to the crowd in front of the stage and are effectively NPCs.
Actions are still rolled for these NPCs, but players are reminded of their status as concert patrons.
Deploy your chosen PC anywhere. If so desired, intermingle the PC with the NPCs and inform the GM which character is your PC. However, if this option is chosen, the PC must be at the back of the crowd; their affront toward the music renders them unable to fully join the mass of dancing bodies.

Your PC is restricted to weapons the size of a pistol or smaller, no explosive or power weapons.

Player #3 Brief

Honoured Arbite, our presence has been requested at the concert of eminent Cntx. Sanjora Churr in our city this eve. As the rest of our platoon has been dispatched as general security, your assignment is to patrol the crowd inside the hall. Because of the sanctity of our position and our duty to protect life, your weapons are to be non-lethal, but standard in every other way. Equip yourself as you see fit, but remember: lives are paramount, and protect the Cntx. at all costs.

Note, Arbite: Your one specialized piece of equipment is a radio transmitter that controls the displacer field we have issued to the Cntx. Churr.  You can move her out of harm's way if it comes to that, but remember the limitations of the equipment: you must be within fifteen metres for it to work.

+++TRANSMISSION END+++

Player Note:

You may pick a single character to act as bodyguard to Cantatorix Churr.

Deploy your chosen PC anywhere. If so desired, intermingle the PC with the NPCs and inform the GM which character is your PC.

Note: Your PC may carry his or her normal complement of weaponry and equipment, but no explosives. Barring in-game events, all weapons on your PC are NON LETHAL in nature (rubber bullets, shock mauls, etc. and/or equivilent), and the PC is given a Shock Maul to replace any carried Melee armament.

:::GM SECTION:::

Cantatorix Sanjora Churr (NPC)

WS    BS    S    T      Wp    Nv    Sg     Ld    Spd

35      30    48    50     65     70     56     68      4

Equipment: displacer field (with radio-controller held by Arbite bodyguard)

Guitar (may be used as a two-handed Hammer in Melee)

Vox-Mic: Churr maybe heard across the whole board, -15% penalty to auditory perception  tests to all players.

Flak Armour to all locations except head, Carapace to Chest and Abdomen

CROWD:  The concert has thousands of people in attendence. To simplify matters, the GM has a D100 roll to determine whether a particular model's LOS is broken.
1-20, the mini has NO line of sight beyond the crowd.
21-50, the mini can see 50% of their intended "target" for one round.
51-60, the Mini has LOS for all actions,
61-100 LOS is blocked for 50% of their actions.

NPCs:
To simplify matters, NPCs statline is 40 across the board. They fall unconscious if the take more than 8 damage points.

At the start of the game, each players' unused characters added to the crowd.
To add to the mystery of the scenario, each player still declares and rolls actions for all their characters; however they should be aware that the NPCs are simply concert-goers and should be played as such.

Should any PC actions have an effect of panic, such as drawing weapons, gunfire or other acts of terrorism, any NPCs within 4" will panic and scatter D6"
Due to the nature of the concert and music, Melee Violence will not trigger panic.
Each turn, any panicked NPC will trigger Panic in miniatures within 2"
Once atleast 1/2 of the crowd are panicking, Churr will cease playing and begin to move toward the back table edge.

Should the PCs physically interact with NPCs, roll a Ld check. if passed, the NPC shall ignore the PC. if failed, they shall make an unarmed attack.

If the player moves between two NPCs, they must make a Ws Test. If passed, they move through the crowd without too much difficulty. If failed, make a Str test. If passed, they stop between the NPCs. if failed, they are pushed back D6" and knocked prone.

i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

If I'm going to offer feedback...

... I admit I totally missed the "NPCs being concert goers" thing when I played this (my order at the WHW store was excruciatingly slow and held up my arrival, so I had to rush read my briefing when I finally got to the table!), but my briefing definitely doesn't have anything about which weapons I had.

I'd also say that the scenario definitely had potential, but my "investigate for taint" objective needed to be a bit clearer. I think I may have proven that the audience were violent louts who could be coerced into a mosh pit brawl - which was quite fun, but I'm not sure it was productive! ;D
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles