Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Things That Dwell in the Darkness

Started by Saussure, March 16, 2011, 07:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saussure

Well, this has taken us a while!

Sorry for the little break in articles recently - we had a bit of lull in the supply pool, but I hope there are a few more in the pipeline now. Not that that should stop anyone submitting their brilliant ideas to us, of course...

We've got a bit of a treat this time around. If you head to the Dark Magenta website, you'll see there's a new article to feast your eyes upon. "Things That Dwell In the Darkness", written by Joseph Garvin, and supported by Kenneth Gardner, is an examination of the xenos species known to the Imperium of Man as the Hrud.

It's a great read in-and-of-itself, but the real surprise is the second link, which takes you to an external file-share. There, you'll find a different version of the same article. I suggest that, once you download that one, you click on the equipment images contained within it, and be suitably impressed!

Herodotus Benedict Saussure
Ordo Hereticus Terran
Forum Moderator

Ynek

Now, the fun bit is trying to figure out who 'Joseph Garvin' and 'Kenneth Gardner' are. Like a Callidus assassin, they could be any one of us...

On a slightly more relevant note - I thoroughly enjoyed reading the article. Some nice illustrations in there, too. ;D
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Ulgavitch

Hi,

Hate to be a pain, I've tried the external link and it doesn't want to download - any guesses as to why?

=][= I

Ynek

Quote from: Ulgavitch on March 17, 2011, 12:07:17 PM
Hi,

Hate to be a pain, I've tried the external link and it doesn't want to download - any guesses as to why?

=][= I
Are you getting the error which says: "The file link that you requested is not valid. Please contact link publisher or try to make a search?"

The file was working fine this morning, but doesn't seem to be working at the moment, which is a bit odd.

"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Ynek on March 17, 2011, 07:32:20 PM
The file was working fine this morning, but doesn't seem to be working at the moment, which is a bit odd.

yeah, am trying to find out why :(

in the mean time, please *right click* and "Save As":

This Link

it's a test of how well the hosting package handles 83mb downloads :P
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Shannow

Sadly doesn't seem to be mac friendly  :( at least not to my mac!

Having said the download was ridiculously quick, I mean 3 or 4 seconds quick!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

MarcoSkoll

Do you want it dumped on the Skoll Archive for a while, if you're having trouble with your external hosting?
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Quote from: Shannow on March 17, 2011, 11:25:41 PM
Sadly doesn't seem to be mac friendly  :( at least not to my mac
It should be Mac-friendly, I created the original PDF of a PC but we used my girlfriend's Mac to add in the animations.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Ulgavitch

I've managed to download it now ... and 'tis fantastic! Thank you so much, it must have taken ages to do.

=][= I

Shannow

What program would be best to open with it on a mac Kaled? When I right click and save as it automatically downloads as a pdf but won't open in Preview.

Any handy pointer if I'm being a tool always good.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Kaled

It should open on a Mac using Adobe Acrobat - at least that's what works for us.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Shannow

Ahh cheers, I don't have adobe sadly I just use preview which doesn't seem to like it. Oh well :( may have to steal a flatmates computer to have a peek.

Thanks anyway

Time to die.

DapperAnarchist

Unless you have a punitive download cap, getting Reader shouldn't be a problem - it's free...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Shannow on March 18, 2011, 05:09:32 PM
Ahh cheers, I don't have adobe sadly I just use preview which doesn't seem to like it. Oh well :( may have to steal a flatmates computer to have a peek.

Thanks anyway

Adobe Acrobat Reader is 100% free from the Adobe website.

Preview on Macs is pretty pants for pdfs anyway.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Shannow

Thanks again! Always just used preview as it very simple for cutting diagrams out of journal PDFs for essays so never looked for a different program. Will have a look later.

Thanks again (again)

NB: Finally got round to downloading adobe, animations excellent work! Worth my bumble induced wait!

Time to die.