Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Ehrhardt and Co. (Or my attempt at Inq28 minis- Pic Heavy)

Started by Sabotage!, March 05, 2011, 09:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabotage!

A quick update as I got some free time today! And there is paint!

First up I have updated Ehrhardt a bit. I shaved off the chest eagle and added some etched brass from FW (the little one is actually much more contoured to his chest plate than it looks).

Next up a reposed Haroth.

This is Jull Targo, he is a gunslinger/ mechanic and used to be a hive ganger. His brother, Denil, was a savant and librarian served as Ehrhardt's first Interrogator. He lost his eye and foot fighting Haroth (who also killed his brother in the same battle).

Not sure what I want this figure to be, I think an Interrogator or and Investigator.

And 1st Lt. Hellmann (3 pics with beret and 1 with combat helmet, pretty happy with how the magnetization turned out.)

Comments and criticism are much welcome! Let me know what you think!

Molotov

Some really nice work here. Ehrhardt is looking better. If you want to make him look less like a scout, consider giving him a loincloth/tabard of some kind. It's the sort of thing that Space Marine scouts wouldn't have, so it would help differentiate him somewhat. The brass etch looks really good on the cloak. I think he will look quite striking when he's done. I would potentially consider changing his bolt pistol for something else, as that would help you in several senses.

Haroth looks as though he's leaning over. His legs don't look spread enough. I would take that cities of death bit off his base, thin it a bit, and try it again.

The gunslinger and Interrogator look okay, if a little uninspiring. I'd suggest trying to think how to give them character. (And would be leary of all the bolt pistols!)

Hellman looks really very good, the conversion has worked well and I like the way you've altered the Cadian helmet.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Sabotage!

Well thank you, I think he is coming a lot further from space marine scout, and that is a great thing. I added a tabard today, and I think it looks rather good. I should have pictures up here some time tomorrow. I've written up most of his background, and I really like the shock maul (which is a pass over from his time as an Arbite, as is his carapace - thought it was reforged). The bolt pistol is supposed to be a recovered weapon from when he was serving as an Interrogator with his first Inquisitor (when the Inquisitor died another Inquisitor inducted him and he was eventually elevated to Inquisitor). Either way, very easy change in backstory to change weapons, just not just sure would be a better option. Ehrhardt isn't an incredible shot by any means, but is quite skilled in close combat, so I'd like a pistol of sorts. Any suggestions? I'd prefer something low rate of fire with a fairly hefty punch (no autopistols/SMGS).

I took a look at him after you mentioned that, and he totally was. It was a pretty easy fix, and I'm glad you brought attention to it, because I totally missed that (and probably would have continued to do so).

I worked a bit on the Gunslinger, and I added a seadragon cloak to him (He is supposed to be an ex-hive ganger and I think I'll work it into a mutant lizard he killed in the underhive). The angle of the picture may make it look his left-hand weapon look like a bolt pistol, but it is actually an autopistol. Not sure what else to do with him at the moment.

The Interrogator I'm totally at a loss for, and may use as an NPC. I really like the trenchcoat and warrant idea, but have no idea where to take it (and no backstory for the character at all yet).

I'm glad you think Hellmann turned out well, I'm very happy with him, and look forward to having more of his group painted and ready shortly (I'm going on a bit of vacation this upcoming week and want to paint at least one model during it).

I should get a few pics up late tomorrow ( as well as an Inquisitor my buddy's Inquisitor, which was his first ever model, though he mainly sat with my and told me what he wanted and I assembled it). The other guy in the group is working on his Chaos Cult, and has a pretty neat looking Dark Mechanicum guy in the work converted from a dark angel vet.)

Sabotage!

I just have a quick update before I head to work (and then out of town, where Ideally I will get something painted).

I added a tabard (or the lower half of one) to Ehrhardt, and I'm happy where he is at. This is him in pre-brush mode, unless I decided to swap his bolt pistol.

This here is Jull Targo, my ex-hive ganger gunslinger mechanic. The seadragon cloak will be painted to look the hide of a scaaly or a giant albino hive lizard he killed in the underhive. Any other ideas how to make him more characterful? Having a bit of a tough time with him.

This is Blackwell, my Valkyrie Pilot, who used to Pilot Valkyries for the Catachan 33rd. I like his pose, makes it look like he is running to his Valkyrie, but I could use some advice of what else to do with him. I feel the Catachan models have a lot of character, but he still seems a bit bland.

This is the Inquisitor I put together for my buddy Ian (he picked out the bits), he's not quite finished (thinking of added some armored leg plates), but I think looks pretty good. He's going to be a Monodominant who leads a retinue composed primarily of Ecclesiarchy members.

Hadriel Caine

I love the selection of parts for the monodominant. Great figure.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'