Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Movement question??

Started by mattausten86, March 23, 2011, 07:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattausten86

proabbly not the best time to ask,being as im going to the IGT,but i need to know before hand!!

Can someone please go through step by step the movement rule please cos im kinda confused,!

This is the way i thought i was worked:Helena has 5 actions and she wants to run across to the end of a street,now does she declare how many actions she's gonna spend to try and get there(at a running pace) or does she just declare that shes running to,measures the distance,throws 5 dice,and runs the number of succesful actions that she needs,and then gets any other actions afterwards???

cheers
matt

MarcoSkoll

Normally, you declare actions, saying "I'm running to X, then doing Y and Z", roll the dice, use as many actions as necessary to make the move, then complete any remaining actions.
Use guesswork and common sense as far as the number of actions the move will take when deciding many remaining actions you declare.

You don't measure first, but a GM may give you a little gratuity if you declared 12.5" for a run and let you use only two actions for it.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

Indeed, a lot of fudging is used for movement, at least it is in my games. I rarely, if at all, measure movements, and rather declare that a character is going to run from the corning of building A to foxhole B, then fire a weapon. He rolls three actions, and even though the foxhole is 14" away from the character, we imagine the character realises he isn't going to make it in time and dives for the foxhole with his third action.

I like to put Fun above Rules when it comes to things like this, and give the player a chance to take an Initiative test for his character. If he passes, he has mustered enough heroism to squeeze off a few shots as he dives through the air, Max Payne style, before landing in the foxhole.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.