Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Motion tracker auspex

Started by MarcoSkoll, April 01, 2011, 04:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

One of the things that came up during the IGT was Aurelius 12 having a Motion tracker on one of his characters.

Now, if you've looked at the rules for these recently, you'll know they're absolutely horrible for game speed. You have to calculate a detection chance for every character individually, then roll for them.

I improvised by borrowing Bioscanner rules, just with half distance and the movement speed as a modifier to the distance which characters could be detected - but I think it's time for a rules conclave on this one. As it is, the motion tracker is an interesting system, but it's not playable as it is in the rulebook...

Any ideas, gentlemen?
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

Straight 00-05 chance of success, adding 10% for every inch the intended scanning victim moved last action? I'd still say each model has to be checked individually, that just makes sense, so I guess what we're trying to do is come up with something that is quick to work out without measuring each individual model and remembering an arbitrary table...
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

precinctomega

I don't have INQ2 to hand, at the moment, but I approached Auspexes rather differently: a basic auspex is a generic detector (think Star Trek tricorder), with different options available to "bolt on" to detect other characters.

I'll try to dig out the specific rules today and see if there's any room to improve them.

R.