Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

need help, campaign help, ASAP!

Started by psycho, August 27, 2009, 08:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psycho

ok so i need help designing a campaign
for myself and a few other players
however theyre all using INQs from each Ordos (me using Marius Dire Ordos Hereticus) so i need to somehow have a plan for all of them. there is also going to be a rogue trader and a Arbites Judge.....
so help me please ill be forever in whoevers debt if they make me a (whole) campaign.....
Pretty please?
kerby

MarcoSkoll

No ideas? Not even a start?
So basically, you're expecting people to write an entire campaign for you - and with barely any information to start from...

I wouldn't expect much interest, because someone on the other side of the internet "being in your debt" isn't much reward. You're asking a huge amount for no return.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

psycho

well i had thought about a campaign but i lost the paper i wrote it on
and tbh im no good with this campaign stuff so if anyone can point me in the right direction then thats the help im looking for
as in why the Inqs and other characters would be on the planet(s) that they are fighting on and what it is they are after?
kerby

Simeon Blackstar

There are rumours of an artifact that has the power to cure the most grievous of injuries, appearing to be an odd looking bone (claimed to be from a saint) which has been studded with jewels.

Eldar want it because it is an ancient device from the high point of their Empire which is too powerful to be left in the hands of the Mon-Keigh
Ordo Xenos want it because they suspect from the description that it's of Eldar creation and needs sanctioned study.
Ordo Hereticus want to check the artifact's legitimacy, wherether to venerate it as a powerful relic or to destroy it as a heretical abomination.
Ordo Malleus want to ensure there is no suductive daemonic influence at work corrupting those 'healed'.
Rogue Trader wants to be there because where one bone is, there might be other with the same power which would be worth a fortune each.  If the original should slip into their hands...
Thorians may want to get it to see if it could heal the Emperor - is it powerful enough?
The Arbites could either be cooperating with an Inquisitor or performing their investigations into the disturbance of the peace surrounding this artifact's revelation, as the sick and their families deperately try to be one of the fortunates healed.

Fill out the details as you wish - who has it now? What kind of planet are they on? etc.

All you need for a campaign is a hook (in this case "an artifact heals people") and think why various groups might be interested.

Kaled

Don't worry about a whole campaign just yet - start with a simple scenario; e.g. one of the characters is meeting a contact who has information that one of the other inquisitors is doing something heretical. Play that game and based on what happens, decide what the next step should be and build up from there. I.e. is the inquisitor really a heretic? Is he being framed? If so, who by? And so on...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

psycho

cheers to kaled and simeon B. thats helped me alot and im now in the process of writing up  a scenerio based on the "Item that heals" and the fact that the Ordo Hereticus Inq thinks the Ordo Malleus Inq is only after it so as to bring a Daemon into the real realm (in reality hes attempting to banish it)
once again cheers guys
kerby

Kaled

Another thing - don't try to write up rigid scenarios/campaigns.  Players are awkward are will invariably ruin your carefully plotted game by doing something unexpected.  It's usually better if you just have a vague idea of where you're going and a few stops along the way, then just let the rest flow organically in between.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat