Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Complete Shaiyleigh - Traitor Inquisitor (Possessed Host)

Started by Inquisitor Dionzi, April 19, 2011, 10:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobSkib

Wow she's brilliant! I'll echo comment about the close-up of the gun, as well as posting bigger pictures.. my eyes aren't as good as they used to be ;)
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Inquisitor Dionzi

Shaiyleigh's shoulder mount:

I tried increasing the size of the pics in my previous post - does that help? They're 250dpi and 500 pixels wide.
SKYFALL MINIATURES

Shannow

Have to concur with rob, most excellent! The armour scaley stuff inarticular is fantastic
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

SpanielBear

I love how much of a feeling of movement there is to the model, she looks as though she's flying along. The visor is really cool too- combined with the sense of breakneck speed it emphasises the loss of control- of being carried away by the thing inside her.
She's rather wonderful really.  :) .
Have Fun, Stay Sane, Enjoy the Madness

Inquisitor Dionzi

:D Thanks guys! :) Do you have any suggestions as to how I could improve her? I'm wanting her to be in the first half-dozen releases in my generic Sci-Fi/Sci-Fantasy line, so she's gotta be sweet :)
SKYFALL MINIATURES

Inquisitor Dionzi

Bollocks. I accidentally knocked Shaiyleigh off me desk and her hand popped off. I can put it back, easily enough, but I figured I check with the community to find out if they had any suggestions to make her right arm look better.

I'm still trying to gear myself up to sharpen the edges on Shaiyleigh's gun, and I've been billywaggled into attempting to redo her head...again.
SKYFALL MINIATURES

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Inquisitor Dionzi on June 29, 2011, 10:14:15 PMany suggestions to make her right arm look better.
The putty work around the upper arm could probably do with smoothing. It also "pinches" oddly below the bicep/tricep area, which makes the muscle groups look a bit off.

QuoteI've been billywaggled into attempting to redo her head...again.
My advice there is smaller, softer features for females. In this case, the mouth is moderately oversized.

While I'm on the subject of the mouth, you've overdone the "M" shape on the upper lip a bit - while the upper edge of the lip does indeed take that sort of shape, the lower edge of the lip is much straighter.
Or, perhaps worded more generically, lips aren't a uniform width. They're wider in the middle, and the top edge of the top lip has a nick in it.

A softer jawline wouldn't hurt either.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm waffling at you - your concept art clearly shows you know your anatomy, but it seems to be one of those things you have to learn all over again when you go into 3D work. I know I did.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Inquisitor Dionzi

I tore off Shaiyleigh's face (once again) and am reworking it. I've smoothed out some of the musculature difficulties on her right upper arm, the scythe arm and the left shoulder socket. I'll likely rework some of the other details in the process.
SKYFALL MINIATURES

Inquisitor Dionzi

I'm having a deuce of a time getting Shaiyleigh's face right: I hereby request aid in finding a "how to" for female faces @ 57mm....
SKYFALL MINIATURES

Inquisitor Dionzi

Things are settling down o'er here :)  I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for fixing Shaiyleigh and making her a better mini. Suggestions welcome :)
SKYFALL MINIATURES

Inquisitor Dionzi

SKYFALL MINIATURES

Dolnikan

She looks good, the new face appears to be coming along nicely. It has something daemonic about it.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

greenstuff_gav

i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Inquisitor Dionzi

{EDIT} 10/24/2012
Hi everyone,

For all of you here on the Conclave, I want to let you know that SkyFall Miniatures is now up and running in London, Ontario, Canada. I'm still in the process of designing miniatures, but I am opening my manufacturing facilities to custom moulding and casting requests. I am looking for a web-designer and graphics designer for www[dot]skyfallminiatures[dot]com.

For those who are wondering, I am equipped with a functioning vacuum chamber, and as such can mould/cast most things. I also use a silicone rubber that allows me to cast low-melt metals.

I can be contacted through PM or via my e-mail as posted on my profile here at the 'Clave.  I look forward to working with all of you, and providing you with high-quality resin castings for all your hobbying needs!

Best,

Dionzi

Hi All,

I'm now beginning to take pre-orders for both Skivvy (http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1581.0) and Shaiyleigh (http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1479.0): I have the vac chamber, I just need to get funds for the silicone rubber and resin.  The weapons packs (http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2019.0) are still in development, but I am receiving considerable support from this community, and I hope to soon have two, perhaps all three ready to go soon!

I'm offering one free mini or one free weapon-pack to the people who place orders between now and the end of August: For now, I'm thinking Skivvy at 8GBP, Shaiyleigh at 14GBP, and weapons packs at 8GBP. The free mini/weapon pack will be at the choice of the customer (duplicate or summat different). This is for 2 reasons: one, the Conclave community has supported me for so long that I want to give something back; two, I am asking for money up front (for now), and I want to give something back to the people who help get this project up off the ground, both financially and in faith. As I get manufacturing materials stockpiled, I plan to increase the size of weapons packs (from 3 weapons to 6 weapons for 8 quid), but for now, this is what I can do.

I am also accepting custom orders for self-made minis!

So, anyway, I thought you'd like to know, and feel free to contact me either through PM here or via e-mail (dionzi[at]skyfallminiatures.com)

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Dio
SKYFALL MINIATURES