Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Tanhauser - and Gue'vasa companion now!!

Started by Shannow, April 20, 2011, 12:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judge-minos

Great job, the painting brings it together very well.

I love it

Hadriel Caine

wahoo! He looks brilliant. Forget what I said about the cape, the style of this one fits the character perfectly. Reminds me of Jes Goodwin's initial Tau sketches. A lot more feral brutal looking. Definite plus in my books.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Shannow

Thanks for the compliments guys :) Full kudos has to go to Robskib though as I painted this guy based entirely off adivce he gave to me on painting at the IGT this year. Cheers dude!!

Struggling to paint Tanhauser (I get lost when there is lots of detail to paint) but will broadly be using the red/black/white/blue scheme with more emphasis on blue I think.

Hopefully have him done and maybe a few more WIPS up before weeks end, but revision turning head to mush so I just sit and stare at my models a fair bit now with the occasion bit of drool leaving me......
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Shannow

Well its taken me a month, but here are the pictures of tanhauser finished! Sorry about the porr light but its not very sunny here today but these pics looked better than when I used the flash.

I'm quite pleased with the end results, but hopefully should have some better pics to put up when I do my retrospective some time in the near(ish) future.

Rob

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

judge-minos

Once again you surprise me and make me want to build an alien in high heels.

I love how your paint scheme brought the model together, simple but effective.

I honestly can't wait to see what you will do next

more please ;D

precinctomega

Well, your painting definitely excuses any other qualms I had about this model.

Also, the new DE miniatures have made me think that this could be a DE Grotesque that escaped before the hemonculus was finished with him...

R.

Dolnikan

The model looks great, vicious and threatening.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Shannow

Thanks guys, I definitely think its my best painting work so far, though really struggled with it!

@ PO - I've left his origins ambiguous but that sounds a great little idea...

Working on his crew and back story of the ship and such at the moment, so hopefully have a few wip members up and a bit of story. Mainly inspired my Disciples of the Dark Gods and the radicals handbook career paths I have to say.

Cheers again

Rob

Time to die.