Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

1 Character, 2 profiles.

Started by JoelMcKickass, May 25, 2011, 09:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelMcKickass

I've been toying around with the idea of a Berserker character for a while now, someone that was recruited because he can be useful in a pinch, and is a beast of a warrior (hey, everyone needs body guards). The way i was thinking of doing it was giving him his usual profile, where he is generally average with an edge to close combat, and has some skills such as leader, and medic, and his second profile, where some stats go up, whilst others plumet. Is it viable?

Adlan

Well sure, it'd work, and be a useful short hand, but in effect it's the same as a rule saying

Berserk: When (whatever triggers for him to go berzerk happen) Character gains +X Y and Z to Such and such stats, and - A, B and C to Such and such other stats.

Or is this for using a different profile in different games? So in some games he's normal, and in other games he's a berzerker? Which would also work, Kaled has different profiles for his eponymous inquisitor, with different equipment, but the same statline.

Dolnikan

I have done something like that for one of my inquisitors, he has different statlines and skills in his power-armoured for and his non-power armoured incarnation.

It would be perfectly viable to have different statlines and skill lists for him in different states. I imagine that a berzerker wouldn't make for a good medic while in his rage.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Kaled

Quote from: Dolnikan on May 25, 2011, 10:38:16 AM
I have done something like that for one of my inquisitors, he has different statlines and skills in his power-armoured for and his non-power armoured incarnation.
I'm curious, why a different profile when he's in armour? Do they represent him at different points in his life?

I'm in the process of planning a third version of Kaled - one of him wearing formal robes as if he's attending a Conclave (and of course he'll have a big gun and maybe a fancy force staff too - after all it pays to be prepared!).
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Dolnikan

Quote from: Kaled on May 25, 2011, 09:18:47 PM
Quote from: Dolnikan on May 25, 2011, 10:38:16 AM
I'm curious, why a different profile when he's in armour? Do they represent him at different points in his life?

I'm in the process of planning a third version of Kaled - one of him wearing formal robes as if he's attending a Conclave (and of course he'll have a big gun and maybe a fancy force staff too - after all it pays to be prepared!).

He has different stats in his armour because he doesn't wear it very often. It is very heavy and because he isn't completely used to it like he is to running about lightly armoured, he has lower ws and bs in it. It does increase his nerve because he feels a lot safer wearing such heavy armour.

In armour he also loses his feint skill because his armour is too clumsy for fine swordplay.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Mang

I like those ideas Dolnikan. It works very well. It also mysteriously balances out the fact he's wearing power armour somewhat... ;)

Dolnikan

Quote from: Mang on May 28, 2011, 05:57:41 PM
I like those ideas Dolnikan. It works very well. It also mysteriously balances out the fact he's wearing power armour somewhat... ;)

That was one of the reasons for doing it.

Molotov

Quote from: Kaled on May 25, 2011, 09:18:47 PM

This sounds very interesting actually, I'm keen to see this pan out.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega