Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Damon's WIP

Started by Damon, June 01, 2011, 10:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damon

Thanks for the kind words guys. It's really appreciated and helps motivate me to keep on painting :)

Damon

Just a small update. Painted a simple pattern on Godric's cloak to try and break the white up a bit:

and then just a group shot of Alexandra's full warband (so far) now that I've finally got round to basing them:

C&C appreciated as always

blacknight

wow

These are looking great.  A very bright warband I must say, not too much sneaking around more here we are, ow deal with us kind of look.

The pattern on the cloak does look very nice as does the bases.

Do you intend to add any writing to the seals and parchments?

Regards

Blacknight/Marc
Well you can do what you want, the technical branch are going to stay here and keep her afloat!! - Diesel CPO Otto Fricke, U505, Nov 10 1942 - On being ordered to abandon ship.

Damon

Thanks blacknight :)

Good point. I think they could do with some writing. Shall have to add that soon.

In other news. I have finished Sebastian. For his background see: http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1606.0

C&C appreciated as always

Myriad

Nice.  Good badass vibe about him, with tones of "I really don't care who you are".
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Adlan

Love the mace. The scars are amazing.

Flinty

Agree, lovely job on the skin tones and scarification - did you mask those with something or just free hand in a lighter tone?
Neanderthal and Proud!

Damon

Thanks for the kind words  :)

Quote from: Flinty on July 12, 2011, 10:50:27 PM
did you mask those with something or just free hand in a lighter tone?

I painted them freehand in a lighter tone. Elf Flesh with a wash of Ogryn Flesh and then a spot of Baal Red. The rest of his skin is Tallarn Flesh with an Ogryn Flesh wash and Tallarn Flesh highlight.

Damon

My brother (Andreas) sculpted me a banisher for Godric's retinue. It's the first full body sculpt he's ever done. I'm really pleased with how it's turned out. Here he is painted:

A size comparison with Godric:

C&C appreciated :)

Alyster Wick

Sebastien looks awesome, great job on the tattoos/scars. I really have to invest in one of those guys at some point (ideally when my desk is cleared off...)

Quick question, as I recall the base model for Sebastien has pointed ears, it's unclear from the photos but did you trim them? Just curious.

Also, the full sculpt looks like a good first effort but I'd definitely suggest having another go at it. The main problem right now is that he appears to be wearing a full-body puffy coat. You've got most of the dimensions spot on or at least close enough but beneath his hood the character looks rather statuesque while the rest of him as an unnatural paunch.

The good news is that you can do this with minimal new sculpting required, all you need to do is trim down what's there though i'd suggest removing the hood and reworking it from scratch. Since it looks like you're using an actual 54mm presculpted head you can mix some green stuff, flatten it out and then take one of two routes: either apply it immediately which will give you a little more work time but make a natural cloth feel a little harder to achieve or let the putty cure for about 45 minutes and then cut it into shape and apply. The problem with option 2 is that the shape of a hood is very difficult to precut and you're likely to end up some extra GS "cloth" which needs to be covered up retroactively once it fully cures, which isn't too difficult.

As for the rest of the model, I'd say just go to town with a sharp hobby knife and some files.  If you take off a little more than you intended then just sculpt it back on. You can easily find samples of what to go for by searching images of robed people on google. 

Anyway, hope that was helpful!

Damon

Thanks. Yeah it does have pointy ears. I did trim the top of them slightly and neaten with a file.

Thanks for the pointers in terms of sculpting. My brother is always looking for ways to improve his sculpting :)

SpanielBear

I'm afraid I have to agree with Alyster Wick, there is a certain element of puffiness about the banisher. As though it was too cold to get out of bed, so he wrapped himself in his duvet... But I can hardly criticise, my greenstuff work is far worse, and usualy covered in fingerprints.

I love Sebastien, though, he's fantastically characterful. The free hand tatoos are brilliant. I just hope he gets a chance to punch a daemon in the face at some point soon.  :)
Have Fun, Stay Sane, Enjoy the Madness

Damon

Long time no post. Been distracted by my 40k Imperial Guard. I've decided to create 54mm versions of some of my Imperial Guard. My army is made up of  Imperial guard from a variety of regiments I've created. The plan is to create a 54mm model for each of my regiments. The first I'm trying is from one of my Infantry regiments, the 4th Setharisian. To make the models a bit more interesting they aren't just going to be gun-slingers. The first one I'm doing will be a demo's expert. Won't get too much game time in Inquisitor as big explosives don't suit most games but he'll be a bit of fun. I'll post pictures of him soon. Right now I'm working on a demolition charge from him. I used the 28mm Catachan demolitions team as inspiration. Here's a WIP of it. Comments and criticisms would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the dodgy picture. It's the best I could get for now.