Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Mechanicum terrain

Started by Damon, June 03, 2011, 03:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damon

My brother (aka Andreas) and I are currently making a load of terrain to create a manufactorum board for playing inquisitor. It has lots of possibilities for exciting game play. All sorts of machinery that can be manipulated for a more sinister purpose.

First up a few walkways

The concrete slabs that support the walkways:

And the two together:

C&C greatly appreciated

Damon

And the first of our machinery, The Conveyor Belt of Mutilation. Designed for those  slow and theatrical ways of killing someone. Will the person be rescued before they reach the end of the conveyor belt and are mutilated by the downward action of the mechanical blades? Or will they leave a nice messy stain on the conveyor belt instead?

And a close up of the posters on the concrete blocks:

I know servitors don't necessarily need to eat. It was just for a bit of fun!

C&C greatly appreciated as always

Inquisitor Goldeneye

Quote from: Damon on June 03, 2011, 03:12:36 PM

Nifty, now all you need is a model with a top hat and a long, twirly moustache to stand over the intended vicitm cackling manically!

Quote from: Damon on June 03, 2011, 03:12:36 PM
I know servitors don't necessarily need to eat.

Well, presumably hence the moratorium on giving them food; some poor acolyte would have to clean all the undigested matter out of their systems!

Seriously, this is some great terrian! What are the walkways made out of, may I ask?
'A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.' -  William Wordsworth.

Damon

QuoteNifty, now all you need is a model with a top hat and a long, twirly moustache to stand over the intended vicitm cackling manically!

Haha yeah I may have to try and make a model like that!

QuoteWhat are the walkways made out of, may I ask?

They are made from the flat part of the Warhammer movement tray cut up with a modelling knife into strips.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1095472

MarcoSkoll

Your "Trespassers will be shot" notice is missing a "Survivors will be servitorised". :P
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

rourke

looks great, nicely painted and the posters are great:)

one thing is your machinery (and walls for that matter) need more mechanical/techy bits,
id suggest getting tearing apart an old vcr or clock or anything really to get lots of cool ad-mech bits and circuit boards to use in your machines

Adlan

Fantastic. Reminds me of some stuff they have at GW Manchester, but done better.

precinctomega

"DO NOT FEED THE SERVITORS"

Win!

R.

seaglen

love the conveyer belt idea. i agree that it needs more workings (cogs etc) but the concept is fantastic!

Easy E

Great stuff. 

I also enjoyed the "Jason Vorhees" arbiter model.
^Cheapskate^