Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Witchhunter, Radical, Rogue Trader, Spy - Keravin does Inq28mm

Started by Keravin, July 03, 2011, 12:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolnikan

They look good, the armour on the inquisitor makes her stand out in a good way.

Vacetti also looks impressive, the details start to emerge and he has a lot of character.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Keravin

Well I've been building up her armour to get a nice sheen to it.   Working on the details on her now as her skin and armour are all done.

Well managed to finish Kraye I think.   He's been in an almost done state for so long that putting him to one side for a bit might reveal things I want to do on him.   Having put up the picture I can see I need to finish his mouth.

I think I've got his stats sorted on the Inqvitational wiki, but need to expand his background now Mantinanus is starting to be fleshed out.   

Dolnikan

He looks very good, he looks like a fighter who really fits into inquisitor.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Shannow

I honestly think the thing that makes this model is the shades,,,, if he had open eyes it would be a really good model, with the shades it is an exceedingly great model!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Keravin

Thanks Dolnikan.   I'm still not entirely happy with him, but I suspect that's because if I ever really paint Vostroyans I'd want a different paint scheme.

Shannow - yeah the shades were a happy accident.   They do work in cementing his step away from his former life in the PDF to being a mercenary of sorts.

Kraye is now done - teeth and all

And finished the Ordo Xenos Inquisitrix.   Need to name her and compile a montage for the competition on Ammobunker still.    Though I have figured her first retinue member for certain.

More pictures of her to come, though none of the ones I've taken show the xenos runes on her base :)

Dolnikan

Kraye looks good with his mouth filled with teeth.

The inquisitrix is great, she has visible authority, a dangerous lady. The retinue member is cool as well, where is she from?

Keravin

It's actually a he.   One of the old Ratskins.   I was tidying and saw the red I'd done in his hair and then realised the base worked well for what I might do for the Inquisitrix.    Means I've swapped out another model, but he works for the hunting party idea.

KrautScientist

The Inquisitrix is great! The whole idea of a Xenos Inquisitor being a big game hunter is very interesting. And I think you really nailed it with her rifle! The Ratskin is a nice addition as well. Like some kind of tracker for her hunting exploits  ;)
Check out my blog at http://www.eternalhunt.wordpress.com

World Eaters | INQ28 | Terrain | Other

Keravin

Yeah the idea of the whole warband is a hunting party.  It allows me to have some more bag carrier acolytes alongside someone who is clearly impressed with their own skills. 

Well I finally finished Vacetti.

Fairly happy with him.  Need to touch up his sleeve behind the icon and got a better idea for his background now with things such as why he carries the pistol, why his right arm can carry an Exterminator on its own, so I'll be writing that up and statting him shortly.   

The warband all together

There should be many more pictures after Saturday's event and hopefully they will get some good stories to build from.

Dolnikan

Vacetti looks really good, I love the athmosphere the model seems to exhale, very well done.

The warband also looks good together, I look forwards to pictures and reports from the event!

Shannow

I have to say the paintwork is most excellent and bodacious
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Keravin

Thanks very much guys.   

My report back from the event.

Various photos from the day from me - http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l167/keravin/Inqvitational%202012/

I had camera issues which is why so few in the end and I've hidden the final game shots for Marco to use in the article so no details on how that went.

So probably best to do this game by game.

Game 1 - Meet with a contact (Tychonaut gming, playing with Neil101 (Inquisitor Vendrake)

We set up using Old Guard's space station set up for a meeting with a contact both Tybalt and Vendrake wanted to get on board their respective side.

Set up for the board with the contact in the middle.

Tybalt brought along Serren to show her more on how negotations should go and Mortemer as his trusted advisor.   Mortemer was also wary still of how Serren is performing so wanted to keep an eye on her.

Vendrake brought the Duke, his bodyguard duellist, and his Astropath.

First couple of turns was various walking down corridors.  No matter how eager Serren seemed to be her master was always ahead of her.    Tybalt was also aware fairly quickly that there were other psykers in the area.   Vendrake got to the contact first striking up a conversation with Tybalt arriving just a little after.   The duke had positioned himself beside a table to watch over proceedings and take action if need be.

Negotiations started with Vendrake trying to use psychic abilities to force the Electro Priest to side with him (and failing), but he was definitely ahead in terms of negotiations as Tybalt tried to sway both the contact and Vendrake himself over to his side.   Tybalt campaigning now in earnest to take up the role as leader of the conclave.

The others moved up as well, and Mortemer had positioned himself next to a data terminal and connected in.    The various psychics apart from Tybalt all kept powering up then either not succeeding or powering back down in Serren's case.

In the end it came down to Serren actually taking a lead and offering some use of Tybalt's resources to assist the Electro Priest, Mortemer unearthing a cargo with how profit potential which needed to be moved quickly, as well as route that could be used.   Tybalt then sealed the deal and then offered Vendrake a private discussion on the topic of the election.

So first game and not a shot fired.   Very tense negotiations then and Mortemer really helped seal it for me.    This was Neil's first game of Inquisitor so a definite show of how different it was to normal wargames.

Lunch and the painting competition.

We went off to lunch leaving behind the figures to be judged and to be photographed.

The assembled mass of warbands

I'll probably put up a separate post with the warband shots I got in them and I got shots of models from those people who came to have a chat with us on the day, some of whom have joined up as well.      Good chatting over food, talking conversions, the games, 54mm, Andy's work, GW art etc.

Then it turned out that Peter had won best Inquisitor which I think most of us expected.   Even despite his issues with her Benadice is a fantastic figure.   I did suggest later on I thought he had another one as he'd retrieved her and I had no idea where Tybalt was :)

And then weirdly I won best retinue, which I completely did not expect as I was certain Rise or Neil would take it.   I guess painting them all green did work.   Still flummoxed by that.   

Game 2 - GMed by Dave (Kaled) and playing against Fulgrim (Tim)

Another new player with Tim having joined us and it didn't dawn on me until later how I knew who he was.   He took Inquisitor Velk which was one of the Jakob Nielsen figures Mol had been sent and he was accompanied by two retinue members who I recognised under different names - the priest with the Exterminator and the Harker conversion from Mol's warbands.

The setup was that Tybalt was returning with information and had to make it to his transport and off the board.    We used the jungle board with Dave packing it into a more dense area (which given how long I skirted around the edges was probably a good thing).

I took Tybalt, Kraye and Vacetti.    It quickly dawned on me as this played that the Tracker Kraye probably needs his own Auspex, properly set up for him, so he's getting one modelled on.   

Velk and his lot set up in ambush right at the road at the other end with Velk spending the entire game (right until the end) inside the truck's cab and the priest buried himself under the bottom of the truck.

So what happened was that a fluke auspex ping set hairs running and Vacetti and Tybalt parked themselves whilst Kraye snuck off to see what was going on.

This meant a lot of sneaking around with various people missing spotting each other.   The only thing that gave Kraye cause for concern was the disturbed earth under the transport.  He had visions of a bomb having been planted.    There was a period of Velk trying to indicate something was up to the autogun thug, but he simply couldn't see the arrow drawn on the mucky windscreen.   Must have been the sun getting in his eyes.

Eventually with time running out on the game, but not because we pushed it, Kraye was spotted on his circular route to get closer to the truck.   The Priest got out and charged him with his Eviscerator.

Kraye was pretty damned lucky to dodge the blow and promptly drew his own sword and proceeded to stab the Priest straight in the head.   Everyone else was now aware of what was going on and Velk started the truck, with his other henchmen running over to jump in.   Velk reversed the truck with the autogun wielding thug standing with the door open using it as a sort of weapon platform.    That door open business was the bad idea.

Tybalt and Vacetti had heard all this and started to run across the forest to help Kraye.   Tybalt tried distracting Velk and just managed to frost the screen of the cab a little. 

Vacetti on the other hand barrelled forward and got in line with the open door of the cab at which point he activated the Exterminator fitted to his chainsword.   Fire plus enclosed cab did not go well for Velk whose arms were on fire nor the henchmen.   Velk jumped out the other side and ran away.  The truck was toast with no one able to fix it so having expected to just say I'll walk home if it became too dangerous, that's exactly what ended up happening.

The explosion of action at the end really helped pay off what had been a very tense sneaky game.   It was pure luck that it ended up that way, but it was good to get it resolved properly after how it had played through.

Game 3 - Tychonaut (Matt) gming and Rise (Jon) playing.

This scenario was about blackmailing and convincing the other party to be on the same side.   Jon and I were both playing Puritans and Hellsmark was one of those Inquisitors I'd tagged to want to talk to.

So we meet up in the mine (built by Little Brother) to talk.

And that's exactly what we did.   I suggested as the setup was explained to let's go off turns and have a proper roleplaying conversation.   What followed was a very interesting and enlightening conversation on the election, our viewpoints, and Tybalt pressing for Hellsmark's support.   I think we talked for 15 -20 minutes with Tybalt being forced to consider where in fact he did draw the line, and I do think this conversation will have a big impact on his perceptions going forward as I think he's moved much more moderate due to being pressed on what he believed by Hellsmark. 

In the end Tybalt had Hellsmark's support, Serren would spend some time with Hellsmark getting a different viewpoint and we had not moved a figure at all or touched a dice.

The Election

Then it was time for the election and Tybalt went to work firstly trying to convince Trask and Madine to pull out and put their support behind him.   He was very clear he had support and told Madine's representative to his face that he had Hellsmark and Vendrake's support.   I told Neil later I'd been using his support as a given even though he voted for Madine :)

There were conversations with others, but I definitely talked to Stetheno (Andy H) and to Velk himself (Tim) about securing their support.   Benadice (PDH) and Tybalt had their first encounter as well.

In the end it came down to Tybalt managing to draw with Madine which was a surprise, especially after the arguments about the stances splitting the votes.  Well they did but only because those were the front runners.

Then Inquisitor Falstaff who was officiating called for a second single vote election between Tybalt and Madine and Madine won.   

The speech started and Tybalt had literally dodged a bullet seemingly as Madine's head exploded due to an assassin's shot.

Game 4 - Tychonaut gming (again) and playing with Peter (PDH) using Benadice.

Then the reprecussions started and Benadice had arranged to meet Tybalt as she suspected his potential involvement in the assassination.    They met in a graveyard (it dawns on me that apart from the first game I need to figure narratively where these games took place across the sector).

This I think we both expected to turn bloody so we'd both bought a chunk of our retinues.

Peter's nutter who had shot at me before back at the bash clambered up onto the top of one of the crypts.

Benadice enters the graveyard.    She and Tybalt shouted at each other and agreed to meet with one associate in the middle. 

Tybalt took Serrren and the rest set up ready for this to go badly wrong.

And again it turned into sharing of information and Serren using Speak Truth on her own Inquisitor to prove his innocence to Benadice.   What started to come to light was that Mandread had commissioned a Vindicare assassin for a job days before his death.   Given the circumstances of Madine's death that immediately started alarm bells ringing.    Then we discussed was Mandread actually dead.   We only had the word on Inquisitor Falstaff and so we had our next port of call.    Many questions need to be answered - not least who is actually in charge now.   Not that runner up Tybalt is actually pressing that YET.   

And that was the end of the Inqvitational games.   I certainly did not expect to do as much talking and negotiating as I did.   I was expecting to be dealing with the various radicals Tybalt has issues with, but because of the scenarios and the Inqusitors he came into contact with then he was a lot more ameniable.   

Definitely a lot to be playing on going forward.   I should possibly figure out who actually voted for me as well.

As I said the other game played after this will be a Dark Magenta article and lots happened there.  It had quite a lot of action.

There's an aftermath thread with other game reports over on Ammobunker.

Dolnikan

It looks very interesting and I love the pictures of the pretty models. It is really nice to see the game as it is, not just a wargame but something more than that.

Heroka Vendile

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Keravin

Thanks Dolnikan and Heroka.   The event was great and really envigorated my interest in getting stuff up and running around Leeds as well.

Well I've not been home much since the Inqvitational so getting any time to do work on models has been in short supply.

I'm building a Taker of Names for my Xenos retinue.

He'll follow the Inquistrix around recording her kills.  I've removed the right hand side to put in an arm, but still trying to decide what arm to go with.

Started work on the Witchhunter.   The main thing I'm mindful of is I don't just want to replicate Rise's great work on his, but do something different.  Now he's had the bits I needed to definitely remove taken away I can look at some other ways of doing him.  Almost tempted to finish clearing the head section and using a chaos marauder mega tache head there.

This one has actually had more thought to it, but I actually need parts to do it.  I'm going with a retired military officer look so for the body I either want an empire breastplate or the guard body with the medals on it.   Cut the hand ready to have the gun resting over his shoulder.

These two are being pieced together as I go along.   I'm thinking the one on the left will end up as a scabby engineer type similar to the dockworkers they did for 54mm.  The one on the right I had planned as an engineer as well, but I'm not certain if he may end up as an ex ganger or something.   Thoughts?

Then the one I've finally finished building.

This is Dariel Geneso, who is the Throne agent who runs Tybalt's main group of intelligence gatherers and off the record agents.   

He goes with these two and I want to build probably another 3 for that group.

There's the drone controller on the left and Gant, the Bounty Hunter on the right.  Much less ostentatious than Tybalt's normal group.   

At some point I'll get to do some more painting and work on the Rogue Trader and the Arbitrator for Inquisitor Lynch's retinue.    I'm also still collecting bits to start on my 54mm warband, but still want to get some more models before I do as if I start with what I have I'm concerned they will be too stock models.