Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Witchhunter, Radical, Rogue Trader, Spy - Keravin does Inq28mm

Started by Keravin, July 03, 2011, 12:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolnikan

As always the early stages look very promising, especially when you consider how good the more finished pieces look, I'm still following this with lots of interest.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Keravin

Thanks Dolnikan.   

Well not done a lot.   Apart from set up another event, but besides that I've finished no figures since Vacetti for Inq28.

I have been building on the side.   Building a retired I don't know what.   He could be a Guard officer, official or other.   Characterwise I saw him being fairly stoic, limited in his movement due to an old injury, but quite pragmatic so a good steady pair of hands.    Anyway the model so far.

He's still wip as he definitely needs some things on his belt.    I'm pleased with the gun hand conversion as I'd been wanting to do it ever since getting hold of the pistolier arm.   His cane is made from part of the top of the empire wizard's staff.

Dolnikan

He looks very good, I would say that he is ex-guard because of his helmet, navy people tend to wear other kinds of stuff. He would probably be from one of the less 'modern' regiments, more like the mordians than the cadians.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Keravin

Thanks Dolnikan.   He's progressed a little bit, but not loads as any modelling time I've been spent painting a pink army for a charity event.

Well I'm now converting more models for someone else's retinue.   Picked up one model in store and ordered the other 3.   Can't believe the lack of stock in a GW these days.   

Anyway making 4 models for him to start with.   A Hereticus Inquisitrix and her retinue.   

Started work with Isabella von Carstein to make into a blade master.  Idea behind the whole retinue is that really there is the muscle who acts as the front man and distraction almost whilst the Inquisitrix stays back using her psyker abilities and not being in the line of fire.   The blade master is designed to be the agile flanker of the group, but again her look makes her usually appear to be a noble or higher class woman until she has to reveal her martial prowess.   

On order to be delivered shortly are the Dark Eldar Lhamean to act as the Inquistrix, the witchhunter Inquisitor to be made into the front muscle and the acolytes pack to convert one into a forensics focused ex arbitrator to give the group some tech expertise.   More on them when they show up to be worked on.

On my stuff I've built the staff for the navigator I've converted from the Empire Witchhunter model to use for both Inq28 and the Rogue Trader campaign we're going to play and hopefully tommorrow I'll get shots of wip to show off.

Keravin

Well been getting ready for the Leeds first event and planning for where we're going to go with the campaign after this first session.   We're also trying to get the new players building their characters as that will help us write the scenarios so much.

As part of that I'm building a retinue for a friend of mine as per his specs.

Here's the start on the blade mistress.  I wish I'd looked at the sculpt closer before he bought her as there was no nose tip and the ankle was so fragile that even removing the edges of the sprue bit caused it to break.  So put a new foot on and need to figure how to brace her properly.   Planning on using Corsair gloved hands for her, but probably resculpting the shoulders.

More to come on them, particularly when the other models show up.

Dolnikan

She looks good so far, I have one as well and only after buying it did I findout about the noselesness. Seeing how your other models look I am sure that she will become a great model.

Keravin

Cheers Dolnikan.   Been luckier with the latest finecast arrivals which showed up today for my friend's retinue and chopping has started.

First up the Blade mistress as she is now.

Arms will get sculpted to blend in with the dress, but with those elements in place she is pretty much getting there.   I'll look to see if there's any jewellery or adoinments to add to her, but once the arms are done she maybe finished and ready to paint.

First to get chopped

Now the arms may come off as well and maybe the head.  He's to be the arbitrator/forensic analyst.  One of the science bods for the arbites to allow them to analyse crime scenes etc.   I was thinking of some sort of staff in the right hand, but not certain about the left.  That's why I may remove the head and change the facing so he's brandishing something in his left with the head facing that way.

Lots chopped off this guy and really happy with the work so far.  The head and plan is to make him of Valhallan descent.  Chris wants a gauntlet and bolt pistol for him so I need to figure how to do the gauntlet as most of the suitable ones are lefthanded and that's the arm that's being kept.

And finally a shot of them altogether.  The witchhunter herself needs a fair amount of work, but I think at the moment she's keeping the sword and scabbard on the basis I think it's past me to replace them with the sword cane alternative I'd like to go for.

Keravin

Ok lot more done on the figures and info on their characters as well from Chris. 

Senora Beatrice Alfero. Sanctioned psyker, and Inquisitor of the Order Heritcus. Currently travelling under the name "Kandy Kayne".

Inquisitor Alfero walks a fine line of mistrust, accepting petitions of concern from planetary and provincial governors to investigate areas of concern.
The Inquisitor is all too aware the those who have strayed from the grace of the God Emperor might try to put an Imperial Inquisitor in harms way. She never makes contact with a petitioner until she and her retinue have already done some groundwork, and possibly infiltrated one or two members into the on going situation. At this point either she or one of her band will contact the petitioner and observe the ripples. (It is not unusual for an entire mission to be completed under Inquisitor Alfero's authority without her ever revealing her presence.)

So ears trimmed, spiky bits removed and a shawl added to change her look.   She has the most to be done on her I think, but I suspect I'll let Chris look over her properly on Monday to give his ideas.

Miss Capello. Skilled killer, dancer and dirty knife fighter. First name unknown.

Miss Capello is from a "travelling" background (space gypsies!), and like all travelling troupes, her's was in danger of picking up someone who would eventually attract the interest of the Inquisition [FN 1], or would find themselves somewhere they really didn't want to be [FN 2].

Miss Capello's appearance as a young woman is entirely down to her being a young woman. Miss Capello is perfectly capable of passing for classy for the Ambassador's Balls, but invariably has a multitude of sharp pointy things about her person. If Hannibal Lector had been an attrative female ballet dancer in the 40th millenium, he'd have been sacred of Miss Capello, because he'd have been stealing her schtick.

Unless I have a revelation about something to add to her I think she may be done.   

Sargeant Barababus Steele (ret.) Former guardsman, turned "security consulant".

Barabus was mustered out of his planetary guard because he used too much force. His reasoning was always that an overwhelming pre-emptive strike is nearly always your best choice, because it reduces the amount people shoot back at you. He is unflappable in combat, because he's sure of his abilities, his judgement and his team. [FN 7]

Though he's got an armoured gauntlet I do wonder if he needs another melee weapon.   Still need to tidy up the bolt pistol and hand a little.

Ms Edith Adler. Verispex detective. [FN 6]

Ms Adler is foremost a walking encylopedia crossed with a microscope, but she is also a trained Arbitrator and keeps up her weapon training. More solid, and dependable than flashy and loud, Ms Adler will, given time, achive the results. Like a bard, she's a competent back-up character for most occasions, and uniquely knowledgeable.

Ms Adler was intially press-ganged to help Inquisitor Alfero, but was soon offically seconded across. Ms Adler is now offically seconded to the Inquisitor's retinue, as an "Enforcer", giving her cross-world jurisdiction in her own right.

Well for a start I'm not sure the model can pull off being female even cloaked and covered up.   To reflect the combat aspects it needs some sort of weapon visible as there's no where for one to be hidden.    I do wonder if it's looking more like an ad mech than a Verispex which is why I've tried to have gadgets and weird looking equipment visible which doesn't necessarily look ad mechy.

A shot of them altogether.   I've already said to Chris I think he'll need to expand with another 2 at some point, but this gives him 4 for next weekend's event.

I need to go through the background presented with Chris as there's a couple of things I think are pushing it and then it needs to be statted up.

Keravin

Now updating with the pictures of the bits I worked on yesterday.

Chris had spoken about wanting an axe and I'd muttered it was difficult until I found this bit which I think works.

Then for the Verispex.   Problem with the old backpack was it looked too ad-mechy and had nowhere for a gun to go.

This fits the ludicruous nature of 40k a bit more.   A microscope device for forensic examination and somewhere for the shotgun to hang and staff to attach when things kick off.

Heroka Vendile

nice work, that shotgun conversion's pretty clever, not one I've seen before. Those bits from the Luminark kit are great for INQ.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Shannow

I think I would have a stroke cutting up such nice models!

But great job as always :)
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Irisado

These latest models look really good.  I really like the overall feel and character of this warband.

Your conversion skills are very impressive.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Keravin

Thanks very much guys.   Started painting the Rogue Trader and Senora Beatrice, but not really got that far.

Been assembling bits for Inq54 conversions, though I screwed up and got a Mauser Earth kit which I hoped would give me a nice female gunslinger, but she's way too small.  Similiar proportions, but bulk wise very small.   May use her as a smaller human we shall see.

At some point I'm going to figure what to actually build from these bits I've been buying.  I'm quite shocked at how big some bits are like Convenant's chest.   Still need a Daemonhunter I think if I'm to do the Inq28 marry up with Inq54 and have the same Inquisitor in both.

Heroka Vendile

there are a couple folks I've seen using Mauser earth models at conclave events, sure they're a bit slender compared to GW stuff, but they're much more accurately proportioned for the scale the game's supposed to be in.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Keravin

I've decided I'm going to use her as a young girl - late teens, but that's over in the 54mm thread.

Started building an NPC for Dalthus - one of my contact cards was an acolyte of Inquisitor Zuul called Theoguld who was concerned about what his master was up to.   Now that's something Tybalt will be investigating so started building his model.

The picture used for him is from the contents page in the Inquisitor book so I took that as my starting point.

This is pre green stuffing and his arms will get turned into robe sleeves.   I quite like the torch for its symbology.   Since this shot I've worked on the green stuff so pictures of that probably tomorrow.