Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Witchhunter, Radical, Rogue Trader, Spy - Keravin does Inq28mm

Started by Keravin, July 03, 2011, 12:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keravin

Worked on Theoguld yesterday and managed to get him primed today.

Tried to give him a different character to Tybalt's bunch.  Now need to figure a colour scheme for him.

I also finished the Keeper of Names for Inquisitrix Cardaiinn's group.  I like the idea that he's just revealed this pistol after being threatened by someone.

Kaled

Quote from: Keravin on October 13, 2012, 06:21:56 PM
Worked on Theoguld yesterday and managed to get him primed today.
Nice. But shouldn't the flames be vertical? I'd also angle his left hand so his gun is in line with his arm.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Keravin

Flame arm has been moved up, but the pistol is in line with his hand.  It's the angle of the shot that makes it look off.

Keravin

Finally got my Victoria Lamb order through so epaulettes added to the naval officer.   Looking at painting him and two others for Inquistrix Cardaiin's 28mm warband to allow me to use them at the Twin Arches event in December.

I should have one of my 54mm warband all done by then as well - except the base as not decided on their final base set up yet.

Keravin

Got through my bits from Victoria Miniatures and went back to an old started project.

This was the Snake covert ops guy, but now I think I'll add to the Inquisitrix to give her a more mundane operative than the religious nutjobs and others she has.

Keravin

Slowly working on Interrogator Theoguld for Saturday.

Still working mainly on how to do the lighting effect as the back will largely be in shadow by necessity of the light source.

MarcoSkoll

To make an inconvenient observation, the colours in fire should go the other way... it's whites and yellows in the core (maybe even blue for a really hot flame), out through to oranges, reds and maroons for the extreme highlights.
Bright colours in the centre where it's hottest, dark ones where it's cooler around the edges.

The other thing is people have been talking about Saturday/November/etc for a while now, but I'm still at a loss as to who's throwing what gig. (And rather had the question avoided on one occasion - I'm not asking so I can gatecrash it if I'm not wanted, I'm just interested to know what's going on).
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Inquisitor Dionzi

SKYFALL MINIATURES

Keravin

Marco - I know the flame is inversed but I prefer it this way for the aesthetic.   Saturday is some of us playing specific scenarios relating to our subplots.

Dionzi - the mini is from the Death corp quartermaster set.

Keravin

Been working on Keeper of Names in both scales.

There's the 28mm version which is just about ready for all the scrolls to be worked on.  Need to plan as I want them to be different.

Then I've finished Commodore Enoch Selous of the Dalthan Imperial Fleet.

Needs his base just finishing, but I don't think his character lends itself to any script or other details like that on him.   I wanted him clearly established as unlike the rest of the group whilst still having elements that tied him in.

Keravin

This hasn't been updated despite finishing the Commodore.

But now I've decided to give some focus to building projects. I'm now looking at starting build models for the contacts I got from the first Inqvitational. I had already built Theoguld, formerly working for Inquisitor Zuul, but I figured I'd look at the others.

The contacts I had were:

 Sergeant Festus
 Neophyte D'Ni - space marine scout
 Sergeant Deeds - stormtrooper
 Captain Helmawr of Castigators
 Sergeant Coroman - haunted Stormtrooper
 Master Moriarty – rogue trader – looks like one on front of rpg
 Chastener Fallon – female arbitrator
 Systus Von - lexographer
 Theoguld - built
 Interrogator Valeris -

Ok first with the character models to be built.

Interrogator Valeris.   As per usual one of the issues with using GW models is the lack of female models and heads.   I've had a Dark Eldar Succubus around for a little bit so I thought she might work as the basis along with a Sister of Battle head from the Immolator kit.   Looking at the picture it's times like this I wish I hadn't let Mol have the back bit from Rex.

I wanted to see if the guard arms would work and so tried out some Victoria Lamb arms on her.   Now the gun is definitely not right so now looking again at Dark Eldar and corsair arms.   There is the groove in her back and I'm thinking I may look to holster her larger gun there and have different weapons out to the picture.   An alternate is I look at one of the Sisters of Sigmar models as her base.

Systus Von.   My initial thoughts with him was to use one of the scribes from the old Witch Hunter set, but I thought I'd try with bits first.

This is very much just basics, but the plan is to give a cowl and collar, sort out some more wires and probably give him more bits on his back. 

Next up is Sergeant Cormoran.

Now I could have built him as a standard guardsman, but I'm not a fan of them in Inquisitor so I went with using an old Stormtrooper body. 

I think I may give him hair to better fit the picture.  Not convinced on the head yet. 

Then to the two being built with no card to base them on.

I'm seeing this guy as a bounty hunter.  Main issue before I start with the main green stuff work is what to do for his other arm.   I could go with him using an auspex or another close combat weapon.

Then from him after I'd removed his head I thought I'd look at how it might work on another body I had lying around.

This is the Captain's body from Dark Vengeance.   Not a great fan of the model as was.   The breastplate was a try out to see whether that could become the chest.   I felt it would not sit well and with cutting on the right side I also was reframing the stance of the figure.

So I've started to green stuff the whole then work from there.   I'm intending him to be either highly religious or part of the Ecclesiarchy and am going to use Kyrinov's staff in his left hand.   

I'd really appreciate people's thoughts and suggestions.   The other model I was looking to build from my contacts is another Rogue Trader who according to the card looks like the one off the front of the rpg - http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=78

Issue I'm having is finding a base model with coat or start of coat to work from.  Can't use witchhunter as already using for my Navigator.

Keravin

Grabbing chance to work on these when I can.

First pass on the arm.  It needs more work especially on the inside.

The Priest is getting there.  Need to stand back and think what else to do with him.

Suggestions very welcome on him.

And finally Systus von.  Looking for some wire to use for going from the hood.  Never had much look with guitar wire so looking at what snippets I have in my bits.

Keravin

Systus Von for the update then.   Great work by Neil101 so I think I'll give him another lookover then look at starting painting him.

My plan is to do an update a day for the next few days to show off new bits and then type up the game from the bash this weekend.

Keravin

Next up in the very work in progress camp.

Servitor brute.  The head is to use as a base to give a hooded head ala the ogryns from Forge world.   Can't find anything yet I'd use directly, though going to try a Talos engine face mask.   The chainsword arm was given to by Digits and started me thinking of the servitor idea.    Lots more to do, but I think a reasonable start.

Then I started chopping up DV models and looking at actually making this one back into a commissar or some other sort of officer.

Keravin

More done on the brute

Starting to get there.  I do feel I need to do something with his legs and I'm looking for my clockwork bits bag.

One model I've been building based on a picture in one of the latest Rogue trader books is an acolyte festooned with globes and scrolls.

He looked like this earlier in the week, but now

The mirror attachment will come off the new prong once I've figured arms out.   The picture in the book has the guy holding open a scroll, but I think I want him analysing something.  So need to sort arms out and I can't find the gas masked head I thought I had from the baneblade kit.