Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Witchhunter, Radical, Rogue Trader, Spy - Keravin does Inq28mm

Started by Keravin, July 03, 2011, 12:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keravin

Been working on the new scribe/acolyte

Now the head works, but I think it makes him more ad mech and sinister than I wanted.  I'm also not sure on the arms.   My main issue is I cannot find an arm that is working to be very relaxed on the right as I think the raised pistol makes him far more combat ready than I think he warrants.  So I suspect I may change the head and right arm.

Beast/servitor is almost done.

Wires are attached and kneepads done.  I pressed in the wrong place after it was setting so the one has an indentation, but I will use that for damage.   I wonder if I should give him some baggage, because the butt area seems sparse under the power pack.

Then finally

I've been wondering do I want to just make this guy an officer.   Tempted by the notion of a Black Ship operative. 

Irisado

The scribe looks really good.  Everything about him oozes character.

The guy who you're thinking of making an officer of some sort looks like some kind of Imperial official to me.  That staff looks highly ceremonial, as though it's a badge of office, so maybe you could make something narrative wise from that?
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

krenshar

That stave screams 'nullifying man-catcher' to me; get it over a psyker's head and they can kiss their powers goodbye.  Maybe even with the ability to render them unconscious/compliant.  Definitely a Black Ship toy!

Keravin

Thanks Irisado.   I think I'm going to look at the Black ship idea and use the staff as a stun/grab item as well as being ceremonial.

Krenshar - That's what I was thinking of.   Had it suggested to look at a webber for his other hand and I may have some old RT era ones.

At the weekend I started work on this guy

After some work he now looks like this

Still got more to do on him, but he's far beyond where I started on Inq28 conversions.   I do really like the powered scythe.

I've gone back with the globe acolyte and changed heads as I didn't want him as a sinister character.

So now I need to find arms again as I also feel the auspex is a bit of an easy option.

Going to start on some terrain work as well as I have an idea for a mission for the Inqvitational.  More on that tomorrow along with the one conversion that keeps getting his photo taken then never shown.

Koval

Scythe guy looks good, but he looks like a Fantasy character -- I'm seeing very little to mark him out as belonging in the 40Kverse. However, judging by your own remarks, I imagine that'll change.

For the globe acolyte, I realise this is going to sound extremely ambitious, but how about a ledger and autoquill?

Covenant

You could use the plain ball that's currently on the scribes back as his head, like an oldschool fishbowl space helmet.

Keravin

Koval - going to look at the autoscribe which came with Lok and see if that will work as part of the piece as I'm unlikely to use that servo skull as is.   The scythe guy will probably get some adornments which will make him more gothic, but he does have gas canisters, powered scythe and a shot gun at the moment for 40king.

Covenant - I think I'll stick with the new head as it's closer to how I want the model.

New update with the guy I just kept having other models jump the queue on.

This is the new version of the contact card for Sergeant Cormoran.

I need to do more on building up his hair and I think on his equipment belt. 

Then I'm also looking at building some scenery bits from the spares I have and using the Luminark bits I think I can go with an observatory which can either fit a space station or be placed in situe on a planet.   I'll assemble the Luminark piece as a telescope and I'm trying to find where I put some computer banks to go with this.

It will be assembled to allow the rotation still to happen.  Painting it in sections and I think I will modify the top piece before it gets painted.   The telescope will probably need more work, but as a quirky one off scenario piece I think it should be fun.

And a shot to give the scale of the piece.    Got about 2 months to get all this stuff painted.  No problem at all...

Irisado

I like the idea of including the Luminark parts, so I'm looking forward to see how that turns out when painted.

The Acolyte alongside it really would look impressive with that quill idea which Koval mentioned.  If you can pull that off, it would be great.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Keravin

Thanks Irisado.   Someone made a good sugegstion on another forum and I'm going to look at painting the planets as if they are holograms. 

Because I'm going to be busy the next few days a larger update than I've been doing.  No painting done outside of priming so it's more building.

The globe acolyte and thanks to Koval that solves the look I wanted using Lok's servoskull which has been sat unloved for a long time.

Black ship operative with webber as suggested by Peter.  I did have a shot from the side, but doesn't seem to have taken.

Then I've been trying to build a Torchbearer figure for a while since seeing the picture in one of the FFG Rogue Trader books.   Torchbearers are put onto planets largely on their own to bring the word of the Emperor and have to survive a fairly dangerous life.

That banner has caused problems, but this centring of it means it balances for a change.   Going to end up getting more Dark Vengeance cultists as they are providing a good base to work from.

Keravin

From a brief conversation with Mol at the bash I've made a first attempt at a true scale scout.

And to show his height off

Now this is first attempt and for a start I think the chest needs more and I suspect that the pose.  I'm also thinking to fit with the scout models I may need to enlarge the shoulder pads.   Feedback on him would be welcome because I think there's a lot more that can be done.

Koval

His legs look awfully long compared with the rest of the body, and thus his groin looks really high up -- any chance you could cut him in half at the waist and enlarge his torso?

Heroka Vendile

just as with true scale space marines, the torso really needs to be extended slightly.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Keravin

The reason I hadn't was that he's a scout and I would expect him to be shorter than a true scaled marine as he's not wearing all that armour.

Irisado

The Globe Acolyte and the Officer look great.  They look just as I had imagined they would.  Great work.

I'm less convinced by the Scout I'm afraid.  The legs look far too long to my eyes.  That said, my modelling skills are terrible, so you've done a better job than I could.

Keravin

I'm going to look at the proportions in a few weeks, but with the scout he's standing up straight which is unusual for most GW models.   Marines have been in a permanent crouching position for years.