Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Witchhunter, Radical, Rogue Trader, Spy - Keravin does Inq28mm

Started by Keravin, July 03, 2011, 12:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keravin

Well spent bits of the last few days painting and modelling.   I made the decision to actually clear some of the bits I'd started and get them finished.   Black Ship Operative I think is now ready to paint.   I'll wait and see how the green stuff dries to make the final assessment.

Been painting Systus Von and he is now done.  Photos of him tomorrow.   Painting the Globe acolyte and trying some different colour schemes as I did not want to just do red and bone with him.  Still up in the air about whether this is working, but I suspect I need to paint more of his gubbins to get a real handle on how the model is working.   

Keravin

Right update in reverse order of completeness.

Black Ship operative ready to be painted I think.  I can't see a good reason to add pouches to the coat as he clearly has some under it.

Hurricanum being painted.   The sun at the centre is the only thing finished so lots to do and figuring how to do the globes which is tricky as don't want to just do a single colour.

Globe acolyte in progress.  It's now I start thinking actually which retinue should he join.  Which would probably change the colour scheme again. 

Dariel Geneso for Tybalt's more covert group.  I've got to say I'm little at a loss as to what else to do on him as I kept him fairly uncluttered to represent a more undercover agent.

Systus Von finished I think.  Gem work isn't really showing up on either of the gems painted.  Used Peter's black wash on the skin technique and I do like it.  But he's simple and unassuming.

Keravin

Well just been priming the luminarc to act as a telescope alongside the Hurricanum/star chart. Added a new base to the Hurricanum which helps 40k it up. Who knew it would fit into a rhino turret perfectly?

If anyone has unearthed any descriptions of Black ship residents they would be handy. Otherwise I think he's going for a very monochrome scheme with a lot of script on the inside of his coat. The outside being functional, the inside being protective against the dangers of the tainted.

Keravin

The scenery I've been building has reached the painting stage, but I know the Luminarc/telescope has not been seen in its constructed form.

That's just bare colour on it and a wash.  Loads to do.  It's finally got some height to it which was an issue I was having with the piece on its own.

Scale comparison shot.

Most of the pieces for this little set together.

Hurricanum in progress with new base.   Painting the view mirrors as data readouts.

Then finally the Navigator WIP. 

Keravin

Navigator is done.

He has very dark blue washed out trousers.  They were brighter and did work with the personality of the character, but were attracting too much attention. Hence darkening them.    I think he combines the character he is now with his potential fate.

Then his Rogue Trader - Rogen Frey

Quite happy with him and I've kept him relatively uncluttered on the basis he has other people to carry it for him.   The staff is a bolter staff - single shot for when it really gets bad.  I may end up adding the star design I have on his pilot to the yellow cloth.

The crew so far.

Heroka Vendile

The navigator and rogue trader both work really well.
I'm liking the blackship guy a lot as well.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Keravin

Thanks Heroka.   Looking at doing the Rogue Trader's bodyguard next and slowly building the crew.   

Ok I've not a great deal of painting or modelling this month.   Family stuff, then working at Salute and reorganising the living room where I paint.   Got some clay shapers so I'll start to use them.   Mainly been concentrating on clearing stuff off my work tray.

The globe acolyte is done.  I think.  I feel I should do more with the robes, but I suppose they give a purity against the cluttered nature of all the other stuff.   I might look at adding more seals hanging off him.   Still never figured some interesting design to put on his cap.

Then the Torchbearer and Black Ship operative are next to be worked on.   I get them done and I'm going to work on some other models now I've got wire and cabling.   Trying to think of what colour to do the inside of his coat that will then get the script and glyphs on.

Keravin

Black Ship operative interim photos as I wanted to see how the light worked in another place and because I'm not certain what to do with the webber hand.

I'll probably get more photos of him done this weekend, but apart from the hand he's in a spot where I'm happy.   Changing the trouser legs worked and spent some time working on his face.

The inside of the coat is lined with inscription warding him against impurity.    I thought the back of the coat might need something more, but I think it should probably stay as is.

Initial thoughts?

Keravin

Let's see if I can get any response on these then.

Not certain if it's showing, but to deal with the flatness of the hair I've done hair strands on it.

Interior of the coat.

I'm fairly sure I'm going to put him with Inquistrix Cardainn and her hunting party.   Seems to fit either her or Witchhunter Lynch's lot better.  Currently working on the Torchbearer and trying to get him feeling less flat.

krenshar

That's a fantastic model!  I don't like the extra-high collar on the stock model but it's works for this guy.  And the hair strands show up on my screen if no-one else's and look really well done.  I can't see from the photos, have you taken the lines right across the hair or broken them up?

I think the webber could use some black-lining to sharpen it up a bit.  And perhaps use scorched brown or similar on the jaws of the catchpole, where gold meets silver, to the same end.  They just seem a little blurred in comparison to the figure.

Am I right that the webber hand is a marine gauntlet? Were it my model, I'd take the sharp edges off with a knife and repaint it as a leather glove, adding an insignia (an ][ or aquila with the 'a' for the adeptus psykana on a central black circle) across the back to break up the flat plane.  Alternatively make it a bionic; a souvenir from an early assignment perhaps.

Heroka Vendile

Don't take any offence to non-responses keravin, the boards are pretty quiet these days. The acolyte and blackship guy have turned out really good.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Saussure

I haven't had a peek at this thread in a little while, and there are some lovely conversions going on here. Excellent stuff. Apologies if you've posted it already, but I can't seem to find it - where's the head on the Black Ship operative from?

Herodotus Benedict Saussure
Ordo Hereticus Terran
Forum Moderator

Keravin

Looks like I'm behind in here.  I'll post up Bastille for those who haven't seen her in a few days.

Saussure - the head is from the Greatswords plastic kit.

Krenshar - the hair strands largely have gone across the hair to give it some depth as otherwise it would look flat.

The operative is all done and in fact since then I've been building two new warbands as I'm putting Tybalt to one side for plot reasons.

Latest model I've just finished is Signe, the death cultist who works for Bastille.   Tried new skin technique, tried a new scar technique and tried nurgle rot goo on the base as well.

Pleased with her.  The lightening and then darkening again on the black seems to have worked and she sits well next to Bastille.

Keravin

I'm now working on the sanctioned psyker, Palidorious, who is an unconverted figure - first one I've painted for Inq28 in years I think.   Going to work on the pious guardsman who needs his equipment finalising before I can paint him.

These are all to go with my new Inquisitrix Bastille.

A WIp shot.

She's based on a contact card I got at the Inqvitational earlier in the year and is from a John Blanche piece.   John had made his own version which I've still never seen.   

The artwork she's based on.    I took on the challenge of trying to emulate the art including the colour scheme.

I don't seem to have a fully finished picture of her, but I'll take one when Palidorius is done along with Signe.

She's made from a Coven Throne vampiress, sisters of battle canoness legs, witchhunter inferno pistol, Kal Jerico's sword and dark eldar arm.   Really pleased with her and her personality should be loads of fun to play as she's much more driven than either of my other two active Inquisitors.

I'm making another retinue as well dealing with prophecy, but I'll get around to posting wip shots of them later.

Heroka Vendile

She's turned out brilliantly, an excellent interpretation of the artwork  :)
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy