Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

New Player

Started by Torerador, July 06, 2011, 08:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torerador

Hello all, I've just recently discovered inquisitor, but I like what I see. Myself and a couple of friends have agreed to make a warband each, play a couple of games to figure the combat system out, and begin a campaign. At that point we'll decide if we like what we see and plan on keep going.

So I have several questions for you all, who hopefully have more experience than I do.

First, I've agreed to GM. I won't need to worry about designing a campaign for a while, but I will have to arbitrate creating warbands and our practice games, and advice?  Alternatively is there somewhere where such helpful advice has already been compiled?

Secondly, we will be starting out with regular 40k size models because that's what we have and I already have an inquisitor that I use and am quite fond of. He has a sword, a pistol, and grenades modeled on him which are quite simple to find in the armory. However he also has several vials of strangely colored liquids. Seems to me that a sword and pistol are pretty boring. Any thoughts on what those vials could be?

Any other advice/comments/whatever will certainly be appreciated! By the way, anyone who is also on the bolter and chainsword. You may know me as Brother Gathurn. Thanks a bunch to Kaleed to pointing me to this site.

DapperAnarchist

Yes, I get to do this this time!

WELCOME TO THE CONCLAVE!!

Right, well...

Dark Magenta, the Inquisitor fanzine, has an article in one issue with a guide to practice games, getting a hang of things. The Skoll Archive, a link to which is at the top of the Rules Forum, and in MarcoSkoll's signature, has various articles of interest, including campaign reviews and articles by first time GMs. That should be a good start.

As for coloured vials - the obvious options are either poisons or drugs. Both are appropriate. Take a look not just at the main rulebook, but the sourcebooks - the Thorian one is on the GW website, and the Recongregator and Istvaanian ones are on the DM website - http://www.darkmagenta.co.uk/magazine.html.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!