Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Any players in the Yorkshire area?

Started by Navarr, July 08, 2011, 07:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keravin

Yep I'll bring most of them along.   The Rogue Trader even has two hands now :)

Keravin

Game tonight is off.   The Wargaming Centre is closed.

Navarr

Oh man that's unfortunate. :(

Any ideas for another game then? I should be free all day everyday until 23rd September, and then the following week I start college. Though I have begun to look for a part time job as well, I doubt they are going to ask for an interview as late as 6 pm.

Keravin

I'm back at work next week so it'll have to be when I'm actually in Leeds.  Definitely not Mondays.

Necris

Any reason??

I travelled over to Leeds only to find the place locked up.
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Keravin

From their forum it was closed due to illness.

Navarr

@Necris Oh bugger you didn't get the message in time, i'm sorry to hear that. I hope you are still up for coming to our other meetings.

Necris

I was travelling over as the message was posted (spent the day in Leeds)

Hopefully but I'm not sure when I'll get free time till November

wargame_insomniac

Hi

Just wanted to let you know 2 things. Firstly that LWGC has stopped opening on Thurs due to low turnout (some people are still going to Heart instead). I have heard rumours that Craig would not be renewing the lease when it expires, but that someone else was taking it up. I have no idea how accurate these rumours are but just forewarning you in case you were nt aware.

Secondly I will be going into hospital next week for an eye operation.Nothing major- will be out the next day. But Ifound out today that full recovery will take longer than I had initially expected, and thus I may not be online for a couple of weeks or able to drive for a month or so.

Nothing to stop you guys arranging a game in the meantime, and I am looking forward to finishing painting my warband once have fully recovered.

Thanks

James

Keravin

I may know more details on LWGC as I'm there running a tourney tomorrow.   If we're going to sort a date can we do it with a lot of advance planning as my diary is increasingly getting booked up and I'm doing a lot of travelling around the country.

wargame_insomniac

Quote from: Keravin on September 23, 2011, 09:30:43 AM
I may know more details on LWGC as I'm there running a tourney tomorrow.   If we're going to sort a date can we do it with a lot of advance planning as my diary is increasingly getting booked up and I'm doing a lot of travelling around the country.
I gather that Craig is not renewing his lease- Leeds Night Owls gaming club is waiting to find out if the other party will take over the lease. If not then Leeds Night Owls gaming club will need to find a new site. So it should be still be open on Sundays up until end Dec, and possibly on other nights such as Wed.

So don't plan games at LWGC too far ahead.

I will probably be unable to game in month of Oct- I'll be offline for a couple of weeks- going into hospital tomorrow.

Hope in the meantime the rest of you get a game in.

Cheers

James

Keravin

That's not exactly what I had heard on the lease, particularly as nothing has been signed.   There should be more info after the Night Owls meeting.

I could probably play next week on Wednesday if anyone is around.

wargame_insomniac

Quote from: Keravin on September 28, 2011, 10:21:53 AM
That's not exactly what I had heard on the lease, particularly as nothing has been signed.   There should be more info after the Night Owls meeting.

I could probably play next week on Wednesday if anyone is around.
Just so you know it was announced last night that the Leeds Wargaming Centre is closing with immediate effect. The Leeds Night Owls Gaming Club is moving their scenary out this weekend and we will be looking for a temporary location..

So will need to find a new venue for any Inquisitor games.

Cheers

James

Necris

If only I had the capital I'd open my dream shop but alas some saving is required and a hefty business loan

wargame_insomniac

And not exactly the best time in the economic cycle to open a shop. Especially one without a proper online store.