Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Any players in the Yorkshire area?

Started by Navarr, July 08, 2011, 07:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necris

My idea is actually a licensed cafe come book shop come gaming shop with space to play just need the right building and that all important loan (Which I have agreed on principle) 
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

neil16781

Hi everyone. I'm new to the conclave.
I live other side of keighley to Bradford, but regularly travel that way.
Used to play quite a bit, but have been out of it for a couple of years now.
I'd be interested if anyone has anything going in the area.

Keravin

At the moment we're trying to figure out games as the venue we were going to use closed.

wargame_insomniac

Hi

I have gone a couple of times to the Farsley venue. Don't know yet if it will be a temporary home for a month or two or if club will settle there for longer. I don't mind it as easy to get driving from Leeds Ring Road, but not as popular for other members who were used to being able to catch a bus to Headingley/Meanwood.

Space is a bit more limited than LWGC and we don't have as much room for either tables or scenery as before- some scenery has had to go into storage. But there is still enough for a few games. Today there a couple of games of WFB, some 6mm Napoleonics and some Flames of War, plus a Heroclix tournament going on.

So if you can get to Farsley that is certainly an option for a game. We really need some 54mm specific scenery to bulk up the more generic club scenery we can use, but I have nt seen much 54mm scenery around.

Cheers

James

Necris

Neil your close by I live in Colne but can easy get to keighley maybe we should arrange a meet up at some point 

Keravin

Farsley's other side of Leeds for me and I'd prefer a mid week option as weekends tend to get eaten up with other stuff.

wargame_insomniac

Well in Leeds you have several options:
Leeds Wargames Club - Headingley - Wed
Leeds Gaming Club - Headingley - Thurs
Leeds Night Owls - Farsley - Sun

Plus there are gaming clubs I know of in Hudderfield, Halifax, Keighley, Pudsey, Wakefield and even Harrogate.

So you should be able to find a club near you.

Cheers

James

Necris

wargame_insomniac

Quote from: Necris on November 09, 2011, 05:56:02 PM
keighley? who and where
Smallworld Russell street keighley (Google smallworld keighley)

Tuesdays at 6

2/5 of our gamers are really keen on 40k

2/5 gamers are getting back into fantasy battle.

5/5 play warmachine / hordes

3/5 play Malifaux

1/5 plays Infinity

5 Minute walk from Keighley Bus station

10 Minute walk from Train Station

Necris

cool I've never been able to find anything out about them

Keravin

Having now got the Travelling Man gaming area set up it's looking possible that we can use it for probably Inq28 on a saturday every so often.   I've been talking to some of my Warmachine playerbase and they are interested and getting the shop to agree will be fine provided I can get something else running on the same day - which looks to be Pathfinder Society most likely.   

Just need to do some work getting scenery all sorted and getting players and a setting in place.

wargame_insomniac

Quote from: Keravin on March 24, 2012, 05:00:32 PM
Having now got the Travelling Man gaming area set up it's looking possible that we can use it for probably Inq28 on a saturday every so often.   I've been talking to some of my Warmachine playerbase and they are interested and getting the shop to agree will be fine provided I can get something else running on the same day - which looks to be Pathfinder Society most likely.   

Just need to do some work getting scenery all sorted and getting players and a setting in place.
Hi

I have nt been online much- had health problems which mean that had a succession of trips to hospital. Hopefully light at the end of the tunnel and soon can get back to normality and get more in gaming.

I won't be able to make every saturday. It looks as if saturdays will be likely date for new group laying Epic Armageddon. However I should be able to make it once or twice a month.

I currently have no 28mm =I= figures. Only scenary I have is the W40K box set ruins. So if you can provide figures to borrow on the day then happy to join in.

Cheers

James

Keravin

I cannot see it being more than irregularly scheduled.   I'm travelling too much and about to hit convention season anyway so it'll be more likely to be oneoffs every few months.

I've definitely got enough INq28 models to cover other players.

Necris

Navarr

Hello everyone. I'm sorry it's been so many months since I last posted in this thread. Due to my being busy with college work all the time (and working through both Easter and Christmas holidays and everywhere in between) I have had no time for Inquisitor. I am still interested in coming but i won't be able to make it in in the near future. It's a possibility I might be able to in late in the Summer holidays but there is no guarantee and it probably won't happen because I have a lot on. :(