Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Any players in the Yorkshire area?

Started by Navarr, July 08, 2011, 07:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navarr

Hey everyone. I am a begginer inqusitor player and I have never played a game before, but I am very eager to finally get my first game in. I recently moved to Yorkshire and I live near to Leeds and Bradford, are there any inquisitor players in the area?

DapperAnarchist

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=38.0 This thread contains the locations and nearest GWs of various Conclavers.

WELCOME TO THE CONCLAVE!
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Necris

Yes me

I live in Colne just on the Yorkshire border with Lancashire, PM where about are you we'll arrange something
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

wargame_insomniac

Hi- I live between Leeds & Huddersfield.

Do you know the Leeds Night Owls gaming club? Meets in Headingley and Meanwood.

Cheers

James

Keravin

I live near Leeds to and will be playing at Leeds wargaming centre some of the time.   Don't have a lot of Inq 54, but I do have INq 28 warbands that I'm building at the moment.

wargame_insomniac

Quote from: Keravin on July 28, 2011, 03:40:24 PM
I live near Leeds to and will be playing at Leeds wargaming centre some of the time.   Don't have a lot of Inq 54, but I do have INq 28 warbands that I'm building at the moment.
Cool

What's your name? Are you on Leeds Night Owls forum?

If so have started a thread on there about campaign hoping to start in near future. So far have 3 players- probably GM in rotation. Your welcome to join in- the more the merrier.

I was down at Leeds Wargaming Centre yesterday to play Warmachine. Had one game of Inquisitor down there a couple of weeks ago. Hoping to get a couple more games in soon as I need practice of rules before starting this campaign.

Hope to see you down there soon.

Cheers

James

Keravin

Nope I'm on the LWC forum.   I'm the Pressganger so I might see you when we get the tourneys up and running for Warmachine.

I'm assuming you're playing 54mm Inquisitor then?

wargame_insomniac

Quote from: Keravin on July 28, 2011, 07:04:56 PM
Nope I'm on the LWC forum.   I'm the Pressganger so I might see you when we get the tourneys up and running for Warmachine.

I'm assuming you're playing 54mm Inquisitor then?
Excellent- have you seen the Slow Grow Warmachine League that George organised? So far we are into month 2 and now up to 25 points games.

Yes that was the plan- myself and Rory have some 54mm figures already and Josh (aka Navarr) was planning on buying some IIRC. I have seen your Inq28 thread- did you say that you have some 54mm figures?  We should only need 3-4 figures for warbands. the more players we have the more Inquisitorial factions and Ordos will be represented and thus the more varied the match ups and thus more interesting the different scenarios.

I think we are all pretty new to playing Inquisitor and thus if you know the rules that will obviously be a big help for us newbies. Also allow us to rotate being GM more often. Even if you did nt want to play that often with 54mm figures, you could always join in as NPC's.

Cheers

James

Keravin

Yeah George and I have been talking with Craig about what to do next.   I'm just trying to get a date agreed for a tournament in September.

I've got a few painted 54mm Inquisitor figures - just standard no conversions- which my wife did so I could use those.   Need to figure exactly which, but I now there's the Daemonhuntress and the two female assassins done.   Never played, but I could do with learning the rules for the 28mm Inqvitational next year.

wargame_insomniac

Quote from: Keravin on July 28, 2011, 07:45:03 PM
I've got a few painted 54mm Inquisitor figures - just standard no conversions- which my wife did so I could use those.   Need to figure exactly which, but I now there's the Daemonhuntress and the two female assassins done.   Never played, but I could do with learning the rules for the 28mm Inqvitational next year.
Cool- with 3 characters you are almost set for warband- might need one more figure at most.

I used those 3 very figures against Rory when we played a couple of weekend ago. We just used stock characters with rulebook stats but should be quite easy to come up with some of your own stats and background. Rory does have Daemonhuntress in his warband but so long as we can tell the 2 figures apart that won't matter hugely.

I am trying to persuade Rory to come over and register at the Conclave and then we can start proper planning for campaign with details of the planet/city, any overall story arc and individual character concepts.

Cheers

James

Keravin

Yeah from my brief involvement due to Molotov I'd definitely prefer to do own characters as not convinced by most of the statted characters.  My other character would probably be the female arbites with cyberhound as don't think any of the other models I have around would be suitable (Tyrion, Damien).

wargame_insomniac

Cool- team girly then!!

I have assembled 2 Enfrcers but I have swapped the head round from the way they are in rulebook/annual. So I have used the Lucretia helmet on Barbaretta figure for a faceless riot cop with shield. I have then used the Barbaretta head on the Lucretia figure for a more fluid scout with stubber.  I will probably use the latter as the 3rd figures in my warband- along with Xanthite Inquisitor with daemon sword and gunslinger with autogun. Not sure about my 4th character- Might try a Techpriest if I can convert Delphan Gruss in the way that I want.

We could always utilise Tyrus? and/or Damien as NPC's in specific scenarios.

Cheers

James

Keravin

Neither Tyrion nor Damien are assembled so probably not as I'm going to be focusing on other stuff and I probably need to paint Barbaretta.   Haven't even finished my Inq 28 models and they're really my focus.

Navarr

I'm thinking we could take pictures and do battle reports as well? I've always wanted to do that.

@Necris, I mentioned to you earlier that I probably wouldn't be available for a game for another month but circumstances have recently changed. Where you live may bit of a distance away (not sure exactly how far) but you are free to join as well if you are up for it.