Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Any players in the Yorkshire area?

Started by Navarr, July 08, 2011, 07:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keravin

Done battle reports before for Warmachine so it's doable.

wargame_insomniac

@Navarr- photos sound great. Probably not for warm up games as will still be assemling and painting the warband. But would be great for actual campaign.

@Necris- how close are you to M62? I am just off from the Brighouse junction so not that far away.

Cheers

James

Necris

I should be free from work by November then she who must be obeyed and the little eater of miniatures (not yet thankfully) must be consulted for time off but I should be permitted one night a week

I'm about an hour away from halifax and bradford and about 1 1/2 from leeds I think I'm just shy of an hour from ottley (the roads round here are fairly crap to be honest seems to take twice as long to get anywhere)

where is the leeds wargaming centre in relation to the city centre?  (I've never been)
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

wargame_insomniac

Quote from: Necris on August 20, 2011, 01:28:01 AM
I should be free from work by November then she who must be obeyed and the little eater of miniatures (not yet thankfully) must be consulted for time off but I should be permitted one night a week

I'm about an hour away from halifax and bradford and about 1 1/2 from leeds I think I'm just shy of an hour from ottley (the roads round here are fairly crap to be honest seems to take twice as long to get anywhere)

where is the leeds wargaming centre in relation to the city centre?  (I've never been)
Excellent- I have car so am reasonably mobile.

Leeds Wargaming Centre is on Meanwood Road, near Headingley. If you are driving you will need to go on the A58(M) Inner Ring Road, coming off for A58 Claypit Lane, down the hill and then first left is Meanwood Road

They have a location map on their website:
http://www.leedswargamingcentre.com/

Cheers

James

Necris

wargame_insomniac

The Leeds Wargaming Centre shop hours are:
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - 4 till 11
Wednesday - 4 till 11
Thursday - 4 till 11
Friday - Closed
Saturday - 10 till 6
Sunday 10 till 6

The Leeds Night Owls club meets there on Sundays. Cost £1.50 per person.
The other days are cost of £1.00 per person as far as I know.

Leeds Wargaming Centre has recently set up their own forum where people can arrange games on any day. Many of the members still use the Leeds Night Owls forum.

Cheers

James

Keravin

The shop's closed on Saturdays unless there's a tournament on now as well.

wargame_insomniac

Thanks keravin- the shop did nt show the opening hours on their website (I have suggested to Craig that he should), so I took the details from the Leeds Night Owls foruim thread.

Cheers

James

Keravin

I only know because we've got the shop opening on a Saturday for the Warmachine tourney next month.

wargame_insomniac

Of course- I should have remembered from my last conversation with Craig. You might want to post it on Leeds Nights Owls forum so more people know the date.

Josh was asking when we were going to have our first game- hopefully we can sort out a warm up game soon.

Necris

Are you playing 54 or 28 mm games?

I have loads of 54mm's and am currently getting the bits for a 28mm warband

wargame_insomniac

Myself and Rory have 54mm figures- Josh has said that he will be getting some. Keravin has offered to GM so that he can concentrate on his 28mm warband. So should cover either option.

Thanks

James

Keravin

Quote from: wargame_insomniac on August 21, 2011, 05:59:46 PM
Of course- I should have remembered from my last conversation with Craig. You might want to post it on Leeds Nights Owls forum so more people know the date.

Josh was asking when we were going to have our first game- hopefully we can sort out a warm up game soon.

Been trying to get someone to post the details on there for a few days.   I'm not registering to another forum.

I'd prefer to play 28, but I'll play 54 if that's the preferred option.

wargame_insomniac

Quote from: Keravin on August 21, 2011, 08:27:24 PM
Quote from: wargame_insomniac on August 21, 2011, 05:59:46 PM

Been trying to get someone to post the details on there for a few days.   I'm not registering to another forum.

I'd prefer to play 28, but I'll play 54 if that's the preferred option.
I know what you mean- can get forum overload!!

I don't have any INQ28 figures- if you have enough for 2 small warbands (say 3 models per side) then I will gladly give you a game- I need the practice!

At the moment trying to get us all together is a bit like herding cats. Will be a relief to actually get playing =I=.

Thanks

James

Keravin

Yeah I'm currently building 4 warbands of around 6 figures each at 28mm so should easily be able to supply figures.