Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Any players in the Yorkshire area?

Started by Navarr, July 08, 2011, 07:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keravin

Having spoken to various people yesterday at the Inq28 Inqvitational I think I'm going to be looking to set up an INq28 event in probably the new year.

At some point I probably will run a dual scale event, but I think I want to see how the one that's being discussed will work.   I'm planning on being one of those who sits between the two scales and bought more bits yesterday.

The Leeds stuff will be based around the Loidan sub sector of the Dalthan Conclave - http://inqvitational.wikispaces.com/Loidan+Sub has info on it and got a lot more to do on it.   

wargame_insomniac

Hi Keravin

I'm afraid I have done no painting on my Inq56 figures- combination of health reasons and painting 6mm Epic Armageddon Orks. Likewise I have no Inq28 figures. If you have enough Inq28 figures for people to borrow on the day, then depending on dates I would gladly join in.

Kind regards

James

Keravin

Yes I'm planning on being able to initially lend people Inq28 figures, but obviously I'd expect people to start bringing their own.

I'm hoping to confirm with the shop tomorrow running a starter event on 18th August.   I nede to talk through with the main other gm who has come forward and then sort out some terrain.

wargame_insomniac

Since we spoke before, couple people at the Leeds Night Owls have suggested doing some INQ28 games. We are starting a new campaign primarily for W40k (with 6th ed newly released) but also including Epic and BFG, and maybe INQ28.

I am not sure whether they plan on playing it at Thursday Club (Leeds Gaming Club) which meets Thurs 7-10 @ Heart in Headingley, or Sunday Club (Leeds Night Owls) which meets Sun 10-3 in Farsley.

The club is currently buying some new W40K scenery- I have suggested buying the multi-level Cities of Death GW terrain which would work really well for INQ28 too.

Can't remember if you were a member of Leeds Night Owls forum or not. If so then you might want to either join in or post your event there and attract some new players (a couple of whom should have their own INQ28 figures unlike me). If not then post your details here and I will copy/paste them over to Leeds Night Owls thread.

Cheers

James

Keravin

I'm not a member of the Night Owls as I don't organise Night Owls events.

We've got plenty of terrain so that's not a problem.   It's just a case of actually arranging for it to be around and suitable for what the gms want to work with.

I'll post the details tomorrow once I've agreed them with Travelling Man.

Keravin

The first event is now set up for 18th August at Travelling Man in Leeds.   I'm planning to be there from 10am and we'll be able to play through until whenever though it is dependent on my being around.

This day will be set up to introduce newer players to playing Inq28 as well as hopefully starting up some of the Loidis sub plots.    If I can sort it with Molotov and depending on the players coming we may also move ahead some of the Inqvitational subplots.

Figures can be provided, but this is a temporary measure and I would expect players to start assembling their own warbands.

The wiki for the sector to play in.
The subsector the Leeds games would mostly play in.  I've kept it sparsely populated so we can build from it
The basic parameters I suggest we use for creating characters
The two pinned threads at the Conclave should give you a lot of access to most of the pdfs available.
and Dark Magenta with most of the others

If people can let me know they are planning on coming along and what sort of time we can plan accordingly.   I have two GMs at the moment including myself so more would be welcome.

It will cost £3 to play for the whole day and there will also be warmachine freeplay as I'm fairly certain some of those coming to play will bring their warmachine with them as well as Pathfinder Society.

Keravin

James

Any chance of copying and pasting the info over to the Night Owls?   I'd like to establish interest so the GMs and I can figure what we need to plan for.

wargame_insomniac

Quote from: Keravin on July 16, 2012, 09:47:14 AM
James

Any chance of copying and pasting the info over to the Night Owls?   I'd like to establish interest so the GMs and I can figure what we need to plan for.
Sure- happy to do so if it drums up interest in =I=.

Just to let you know I'm afraid I won't be able to make that specific weekend. I will be down in Bristol for an Epic Armageddon tournament.

Cheers

James

Keravin

Thanks for that.   We'll see if any of the Night Owls venture out.

I'm hoping to have a better idea on numbers from the local area after an event on Sunday.   The three GMs are currently bashing around quite a lot of ideas on not just this event, but also where we think things might go, but if anyone is looking at coming then letting us know with an idea on what sort of retinue you'd be wanting to play with would be good.