Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Autoquill is Mightier than the Sword

Started by Saussure, May 30, 2011, 10:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saussure

Good evening, one and all,

Apologies for anyone who has noticed this and wondered why it wasn't announced on the day of release (it's just possible that the guardian-servitors of the Dark Magenta archives were out of the country), but we've unleased another article on the big, bad world!

Have a look here to download the wonder that is Joseph Garvin's most recent piece, "The Autoquill is Mightier than the Sword", in which we explore a variety of effects that tomes, grimoires and ancient scripts can have in your games of Inquisitor.

Comment away, one and all!

Herodotus Benedict Saussure
Ordo Hereticus Terran
Forum Moderator

Shannow

Very enjoyable read, very much in the flavour and depth of Dark Heresy  I feel but with a very good and clear application in Inquisitor.

Also a very quick and relatively easy way to add extra depth to a character by inventing a specific book!

Keep up the great work one and all!

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

traveller

I already have the sketches for my Inquisitor librarian character, this just reaffirms my desire to build him
The future is in your hands. We are the future, so we will take your hands...

Dolnikan

Quote from: traveller on May 31, 2011, 12:57:45 AM
I already have the sketches for my Inquisitor librarian character, this just reaffirms my desire to build him

It causes the same problem in me, it makes me want to get to work on the small library I was building and stop working on my other projects.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Myriad

Only just recently read this article.  Great source of character ideas.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Ynek

Quote from: Dolnikan on May 31, 2011, 08:11:29 AM
small library

Making a small Inquisitor scale library building is on my wish-list.
But my to-do list is wadded up with a myriad of more important things... Like paying off a student loan whilst I can still afford it... *grumblegrumble*
In short, I'm jealous.

As for the article, it certainly adds a lot of depth to a wide variety items which are normally strictly decorative. (Scrolls, books, charts and parchments....)
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."