Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Magos Rowne's Behemoth Rig

Started by greenstuff_gav, October 15, 2009, 10:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

so, in the Winter Conclave, Magos Rowne was nearly beaten to death by a Nearly Naked Gimp in the first game, spent the second game rather cautiously sneaking around (and was called a wuss by the fully armoured and tooled Inquisition!) before spending the finale pulling a Shia LaBeouf (running away all game!), managing to be shot, poisoned, having to make death-defying jumps and nearly being cut in half by Inquisitor Vendo.

Needless to say, He was less than impressed and requested assistance from Tech Adept Stein to build himself a more powerful combat rig for when he is leading his own expeditions.
A kit-bash utilising a Space Marine Dreadnought, Penitent Engine legs, the feet and multilaser are from a Tachikoma kit and there's a magnet so Rowne can be removed and placed into his Servitor Body when accompanying other characters.

this is just basic assembly, no greenstuffing done yet and i'm not happy with the big fist :(

(click for bigger)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Simeon Blackstar

Robert_the_damned

;D Out for a little revenge on the inquisition eh?

Looks nice, still a little to recognisable as a drednaught body for my liking, maybe some sort of detailing or something to hide the rather distinct shape of the armoured sides?

Looks like you've attached the penitant engine legs really neatly to the drednaught hips and that gun looks like its going to make a mess of whoever ends up on the reciving end!

TheNephew

I agree that it's a little too dread-y at the moment.
Perhaps some angled shoulder guards coming down at 45 degrees off the big blocky shoulders might hide the shape a little. Maybe even only on the power fist arm, since the enormous cannon thing you've whacked on the other side probably wouldn't leave room.

I'm not so sure about the pose either - or rather the balance of it - since all the weight looks well forward of where it should be. That may just be the angles of the photos though. The midpoint between the feet should be beneath the centre of mass, whereas at the moment the lead foot looks like it's under the centre, and the back foot is well back of where it should be.

Incidentally, I really love the little manipulators just under the head-box, it's a cool touch.

Sumaki

I really like it, its good to see some more metalic monstrosities! do you think you'll be able to hit that deamon host with that multi laser?

I'm very interested in those Penitent Engine legs, they could save me a hell of a lot of time with my next project.

Simeon Blackstar

Just checked the close-ups - I love the manic look on his face!  Very fitting as he madly guns down his foes!

He might fit nicely alongside your Cyclops Defence Robots as a really nasty set of opponents, in an IGT scenario for example...  :P

monkhmer

On the right hand several power scourges from a Chaos Dreadnought might look cool.  Or maybe a cluster of mechadendrites with all manner of saws, blades, etc.  Something that looks menacing but articulated as well.  A simple Power Klaw or the like wouldn't suit.

Shoulder lamps might break up the outline of the Dreadnought chassis a bit too.  Maybe some servo skulls hovering above...

Srixx

Similiar to monkhmer's above suggestion you could also add some sort of techmarine frame to the back of the model and use that to spawn extra arms (e.g improvised weapons in combat) and it would also manage the look of the model as well as at the moment its seems (again as previously mentioned) slightly offbalance.  You could also think about replacing the arm with a breacher drill etc.  Atm though it looks very good.

Discy

Yeah, definately needs some mechandrites, like that Assassin-dread in Harlequin with the throwing knives. Correct me if that's wrong, I haven't read it in a while.
Beep if you love muties!

greenstuff_gav

well, it's been a while but after Annika was nearly abducted on Saturday i dug out Rownes' Behemoth Rig and whacked some paint on it :)

click for bigger!

fairly straight forward, since the last pic added a few mechadendrites and a buzzsaw arm for cutting up machinery and scrap, obviously  ;D
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Shannow

The cream cog on the buzz saw just finishes the model off completely for me, looks fantastic mate :)
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

DapperAnarchist

From Shia to Megatron... Excellent.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

blacknight

Looking great Gav.

The paint job and the extra detail on the shoulders has really lost the dreadnought look it had previously.  Looks like you have also managed to shift the weight of it back a bit too.

for some reason it has me thinking it could be out of futurama though.

Regards

Blacknight/Marc
Well you can do what you want, the technical branch are going to stay here and keep her afloat!! - Diesel CPO Otto Fricke, U505, Nov 10 1942 - On being ordered to abandon ship.

Myriad

One of my favourite giant servitor type models this.  A nice blend of ad-mech and slightly mad.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!