Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Banisher - help with background

Started by Damon, July 14, 2011, 11:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damon

My brother has sculpted me a banisher model. He will work for Inquisitor Alexandra Veritas of the Ordo Malleus. I have several ideas of what I want the character to be like but I like my characters to have a rich background. Can anyone point me in the direction of some good background reading for banishers so I can add authenticity to my character?

Many thanks  :)

Damon

I'm guessing this lack of a reply is due to there being no real background for banishers. I thought this was the case.

No matter. I have quite a few ideas for rules and background for them. I didn't want to write stuff for them if there was already a great deal of background but saying as there isn't I may as well go nuts :)

If however anyone does know any resources I would still appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.

Macabre

Depends what you mean by Banisher? If you are referring to an individual with abilities to rid an area/person of daemonic incursion/possession, then you're looking for an Exorcist, and the Ministorum has several of these esoteric little occult-knowing hermits.
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Alyster Wick

In cases where there's an apparent lack of background I'd suggest looking to other fictional/historical sources for inspiration.

As far as banishers go there should be an abundance of both, though as a fair amount of exorcism themed-movies tend to be The Exorcist rip-offs or add nothing new I would suggest taking a look at historical documents. Between the Salem witch trials, the Spanish inquisition and medieval texts concerning daemons or even alchemy there is plenty to inspire. Your main task then is just to grimdark up what you've found.

Damon

Quote from: Macabre on July 15, 2011, 10:45:26 PM
Depends what you mean by Banisher? If you are referring to an individual with abilities to rid an area/person of daemonic incursion/possession, then you're looking for an Exorcist, and the Ministorum has several of these esoteric little occult-knowing hermits.

Banisher is the term used in the new Grey Knights codex but I presume the term banisher is synonymous with exorcist.

Quote from: Alyster Wick on July 16, 2011, 04:08:52 PM
In cases where there's an apparent lack of background I'd suggest looking to other fictional/historical sources for inspiration.

As far as banishers go there should be an abundance of both, though as a fair amount of exorcism themed-movies tend to be The Exorcist rip-offs or add nothing new I would suggest taking a look at historical documents. Between the Salem witch trials, the Spanish inquisition and medieval texts concerning daemons or even alchemy there is plenty to inspire. Your main task then is just to grimdark up what you've found.

Good point. Thanks. That will be of great help